Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Scott Rolen Game Used Bat

I've been reading this forum for a while and I am hoping some of you on here can help me because, well you seem much more knowledgeable than me. I have the opportunity to buy a Scott Rolen game used bat that is supposedly from his 1997 season. Its a KC Slammer. Have any of you heard of him using this brand of bat? I haven't been able to find much out myself on the issue... Thanks!

Re: Scott Rolen Game Used Bat

I can't specifically answer for you, but I own a few Rolen bats and know that his usual brand was either Louisville Slugger or Mizuno.

Either way, his bats are not really difficult to find, so unless you're getting a great deal on the KC Slammer (at a price which makes any "risk" worth it), you might want to hold out for one of his more common brands...

have you tired Getty?

That was really my big concern because I saw the same thing with his normal brands. The bat I'm looking at does come with a PSA cert but I'm not really sure how good those are when it comes to game used bats. The biggest reason its a draw for me is that it is supposedly from his 97 season, which I believe was his ROY year...

With regards to Getty, I tried but I guess I'm not as good as you guys on here because I couldn't find much of Scott that early in his career.