Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: schill bidding

Re: schill bidding

I based my reply on some notion that the selling of jerseys is done for the purpose of some charity as people have claimed. I'm not gonna guess how they or who ever shows this money as income and then try to guess where it gets dispersed. Theres room to play with the numbers if you take into account the cost to prep, advertise and sell these jerseys not to mention the initial cost of the jersey. Theres room to play with the numbers at tax time if the charity thing is what their doing. The whole charity thing is insignificant either way when you talk about possible shill bidding.
    The bottom line is someone is getting paid to sell these jerseys and show a profit so how and who is doing this for the teams. If they're being paid a commission to move these items then no one would be surprised by possible shill bidding. Teams that have their own team store have thousands of people moving thru there on game day. If an item doesn't meet expectations at auction could they high bid it and later offer it to one of the store regulars at a set price then turning a profit??? I think its very possible.

I think the idea is a little far fetched. You guys understand MLB does run the MLB Auctions right? I think they control a lot more than you think too.

I'm guessing the auctions work a lot like EBay with the people in NY in the middle. I bought something that included a free hat and I was contacted by the MLB Auctions Coordinator for my hat size...not the Brewers. Seems like one of the things teams don't get is your contact info like email.

Just like EBay they see your username till you win that is it. Then they will get your address and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    I think the idea is a little far fetched. You guys understand MLB does run the MLB Auctions right? I think they control a lot more than you think too.
    I'm guessing the auctions work a lot like EBay with the people in NY in the middle. I bought something that included a free hat and I was contacted by the MLB Auctions Coordinator for my hat size...not the Brewers. Seems like one of the things teams don't get is your contact info like email.
    Just like EBay they see your username till you win that is it. Then they will get your address and so on.
    I wish I could tell you whats going on with these auctions and who's running what but I don't know and I joined this form to kind of get educated. I'm pretty sure that the teams have more info then you think. I was looking for a certain item and I inquired thru an email to a team store. The employee responded that they didn't have the item I was looking for and then he mentioned some of the items I recently bought in auction. All he had was my name and email address and then he came up with that info on my previous auction purchases.