Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Tips to maximize value

Thanks for adding me to the group!

Tough times are forcing me to consider parting with one of my most prized possessions, a jersey worn by Mack Strong of the Seattle Seahawks in 2006.
    Much like described here but without a COA letter. http://www.100percentauthentic.com/C...?q=mack+strong

I obtained the jersey in 2007 for a donation at a nearby political campaign block-party organized by a group that included Mack's mother and my wife's coworkers.
    Mack was at the BB-Q, shaking our hands along with a few noisy politicians.

It's sad to think about but I'm looking for tips on what I can do to maximize the value. Do you agree that now is probably the best time to sell? Should I try contacting the team store for a letter? Ask Mack for a note saying "Sounds Legit"? Some of those COA/ consignment places seem pretty shady. Who or what to avoid?

Thank you for your thoughts! I'd happily answer questions, take pictures, and talk Seahawks football!
    Cheers!

Dan

Re: Tips to maximize value

It's a $200-300 item I would say, so not a ton of room to bring up value. A good item to list on eBay or in our collector to collector section. Best of luck
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Smile Re: Tips to maximize value

Dan welcome to the forum.

Regarding your Strong jersey. I do not think the team store will issue you a COA. They have pretty strict rules. Your best bet would be to contact Mack if you have his Info and ask him to write a letter for you. Ideally you could type it out and leave a place for him to sign.

Obviously right now would be a good time to sell.

Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    It's a $200-300 item I would say, so not a ton of room to bring up value. A good item to list on eBay or in our collector to collector section. Best of luck
    Agreed on the value.

Thanks for the welcome and prompt replies!

There is a Seattle Seahawks sticker with a barcode in the collar, is this part of a part of a team COA or an identifier to it's history?

The more I think about it, the more I just want to wear it to the tailgate party next week. Can't afford a playoff ticket but I'll be just outside the stadium cheering my team anyway! Is that likely to affect it's value? Maybe I'll meet a (fellow) fool and his money there.

Quote Originally Posted by tower247 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and prompt replies!

There is a Seattle Seahawks sticker with a barcode in the collar, is this part of a part of a team COA or an identifier to it's history?

The more I think about it, the more I just want to wear it to the tailgate party next week. Can't afford a playoff ticket but I'll be just outside the stadium cheering my team anyway! Is that likely to affect it's value? Maybe I'll meet a (fellow) fool and his money there.
    normally yes, but its not a big ticket item so it shouldnt make a difference
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Just watch out for mustard stains

I live in a Seattle as well by the way. I frequent both the Mariners and Seahawks team shops. Some good deals to be had if you hit it at the right time.

The barcode is for team inventory purposes.

I purchased several jerseys from the team shop. One of the COA's was not included. I went back 3 times before they finally agreed to give me one. I was told that they have a strict policy regarding issuing COAs but since they did not give me one they would issue one.