Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Lightbulb USA Postal Rates increasing

Many of you are aware of this, but, if not:

As of 1/26/14, the first class letter price will increase to 49 cents. This is something to keep in mind for those of us who send out autograph requests to ballplayers. Of course, if you buy Forever stamps before then, you'll pay 46c each and be able to use the sme stamps for the 49c rate. For those of you who are old school like me and love using older, numerical rate stamps, it might be wise to start adding another 3 cents on your SASEs ASAP, to make sure they requests come back if the players are slow to respond.

Happy New Year!

Dave Miedema

Re: USA Postal Rates increasing

Got to keep paying their employees for life.
    Never have figured out why the people who work for us in Government have better benefits than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Got to keep paying their employees for life.
    Never have figured out why the people who work for us in Government have better benefits than we do.
    I agree! If we pay benefits for the retired and injured Military and their families, we will never survive.

As the quality of the USPS postal service diminishes, the cost of the service increases.

Great service model !

Quote Originally Posted by rufusandherschel View Post
    As the quality of the USPS postal service diminishes, the cost of the service increases.

Great service model !
    Exactly! Trust private companies like Fedex and UPS to deliver your packages on time. Just not during Christmas...

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I agree! If we pay benefits for the retired and injured Military and their families, we will never survive.
    That is not what or who I meant. Obtuse much?
    I want to pay our military. I don't want to pay some fat postal clerk for the rest of his life.

That is not what or who I meant. Obtuse much?
    I want to pay our military. I don't want to pay some fat postal clerk for the rest of his life.
    Just curious, what do you do?
    Besides paint everyone with the same brush, that is.
    Can you draw me the line?
    Military personnel: yes
    PO workers: no
    Teachers? Firemen? Police Officers? Congressmen? Whose benefits would Roady like to pay for?

Don't most private employees have some sort of benefit system in place through their employer? Well, check me if I'm wrong, but for public employees, WE are their employer, so yes, we are on hook for their benefits.

Most Government employees or their fellow employees vote themselves the benefits they receive without much public, you know their employers, input.

You can always tell someone who works, or has a family member, for the Government. They don't believe you have the right to question their pay or benefits. Elitism at it's finest.

And my job is none of your business unless I want it to be your business.

I worked for the Government as a solder and after my enlistment.
    I know what type of people work for the Government. Most just start out as a job they are happy to have. But a few years into it they become jaded like the rest and think they are saviors of mankind and actually deserve even more than they are already taking.

Solders are the only Government employees I have any respect for.

Would I have more respect for the rest of them if they didn't whine like a bunch of babies and actually let the public vote on their raises and benefits? Yes, I would.
    But to have every holiday off, great benefits, and get paid for the rest of your life after 20-30 years of work and still whine is beyond the pale.

Instead of being thankful most are spoiled brats.

Instead of being thankful most are spoiled brats.
    Don't forget, many become arrogant know-it-alls who use stereotypes as a weapon!