Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: NO Saints Collectors Show Off Your Stuff!

Thanks Jack!
    I had used Weebly before, it's just so easy to use, pretty much drag and drop pictures, text, very easy. And the free website creation includes free hosting, not sure if there is data limit for that, or if it's just limited features like no music or videos..but you can put/embed YouTube videos. As of now, renewing the $10 domains on Godaddy is the only cost, which is nice.

Sorry to get off topic a bit but .... so you acquired the domain name first thru Go Daddy and then built the site ?

Thanks
    JE

Yep, domain purchase through Godaddy first, then I built website thru weebly,

Then when your ready for everyone to be able to see the website, weebly gives you basic instructions on what to do inside your Godaddy account to have the domain name direct you to the weebly website you built.

And if you want multiple domain names you can have other domains point to the website.
    For example, type in SaintsXLIV.com
    and it redirects you to 44Saints.com
    if you get that part and have any questions feel free to send me an email I'd be happy help

thanks

Kevin

Haven't posted in a long time but still enjoy the GUU site many days a week

Here is a Kerry Collins 1998 Game used jersey with photomatches from the Sept 29 game vs Dan Marino and the Miami Dolphins. There are other photos showing the damage to the jersey but you can't beat a dual photo of the these two quarterbacks. Apparently, the Dolphins are the only team that Kerry never beat during his career.

He was the Carolina Panthers first ever 1st Round Draft Pick in 1995 out of Penn State and led the team to the NFC Championship game in 1996. He was chosen to the Pro Bowl for the first of his 2 appearances that year. Due to a "misunderstanding" with Head Coach Dom Capers, he was put on waivers during the 1998 season and claimed by the New Orleans Saints for the last 7 games that year. He went 2 and 5 for the Ditka led Saints but was released at the end of the season and picked up by the Giants at the start of the 1999 season.

He became the Giants starting QB in 2000 and led the team to Super Bowl XXXV where they came up short to the Baltimore Ravens. The next year he set the NFL single season fumble record with 23 fumbles. He was released by the Giants in 2004 and finished out his 17 year Pro career also playing for the Raiders, Titans being named to the Pro Bowl for the second time, and ending up with the Colts in 2011.

He presently ranks 16th in all-time passing yardage and 11th in passing completions but is generally considered a journey-man quarterback. I am not sure if he would be thought of the same way if he had won his Super Bowl, and he had not had his off the field issues, but the NFL is a tough business.

Enjoy,

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Here is a massive 1995 Willie Roaf jersey with an excellent photomatch from the Saints vs 49ers on 10/29/95.

William Layton Roaf was the Saints first round draft pick, at number eight overall, out of Louisiana Tech. He was 6'5" - 320# and had the nickname "Nasty." He was one of the best Offensive Linemen in the NFL throughout his career.

The Saints moved up in the draft by trading the rights to Pat Swilling to the Detroit Lions in order to acquire Roaf. He played for the Saints from 1993 until he suffered a season ending injury in 2001. He was then traded to the Chiefs for a conditional draft pick in 2002, where he continued his stalwart play. He started all 189 games in his NFL career which ran from 1993 to 2005.

Willie was selected for 11 Pro Bowls, 7 as a Saint and 4 more as a Chief. His other awards include: 6 time First Team All-Pro and 3 time Second Team All-Pro, both the NFL's 1990s and 2000s All-Decade Teams, and has been selected to the College, NFL, and Saints Hall of Fame. He took his first coaching job in 2009 as OL Coach at Santa Monica College in CA.

Hope you enjoy!
    Bob

Size 54
    Name:  1994 Roaf IMG_2705.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  329.5 KB
    Name:  1995 Roaf IMG_2709.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  293.6 KB

Right Shoulder Repair as seen during Saints at 49ers.
    Name:  1995 Roaf PM IMG_2303.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  154.0 KB

Right Shoulder of Jersey.
    Name:  1995 Roaf IMG_2707j.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  346.7 KB

Left Shoulder showing some 49er paint.
    Name:  1995 Roaf IMG_2708j.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  193.0 KB

Love the Roaf, and great photomatches AK, thanks for sharing.

Just thought some Saints fans might want to know, if they havent already seen, that Brees has a BIG-TIME raffle that is going on for about the next month or so. The Grand Prize is maybe the most stuff I've ever seen his foundation do for a single grand-prize.
    Hotel/Flights for 2
    Tickets to LSU/Alabama for 2
    Tickets and Pregame sideline passes to Saints/Rams for 2
    AND...
    Tour of the Practice facility, Meet/Greet with Drew Brees, AND MOST importantly for this website's fanbase, he then gives you his Jersey from the Rams game!! That would be amazing. But even if you don't win, it goes to a great foundation.

https://prizeo.com/r/PMAsnX

Full disclosure, the link provided, I was given after I signed up for the raffle, and it said if anyone uses it I can get additional tickets, and the person that uses this linke also gets additional tickets, ontop of whatever the tier that they select.

Also, check out the tier that has the signed helmet, that sure looks like a game worn Brees helmet in the photo, it just says signed helmet, so i think its a stock photo because the helmet in the photo shows game use, and looks like it has a special inscription not mentioned.