Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Cool Re: NO Saints Collectors Show Off Your Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Saint View Post
    OK, you all are probably getting tired of my posts but here are two Presentation Game Balls issued to DE/DT Joe Johnson. In 1994, the Saints used their first round draft pick (#13) for the defensive player out of Louisville and he played with the team until 2001. The Packers picked him up as a free agent in 2002 and he retired in Green Bay in 2003.

As a Saint, he went to the Pro Bowl in 1998 and again in 2000. He was the recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award, AP Comeback Player of the Year Award, and was named as an All Pro selection in 2000.

Enjoy,
    Bob

1994 Defensive Game Ball {Rookie Year}
    Attachment 80910Attachment 80911

2000 Game Ball {Saints 1st Playoff Win was in 2000}
    Attachment 80912Attachment 80913
    I'm not bored with it. If the posts are good stuff (and they generally are), by all means keep 'em coming.

Dave Miedema

Re: NO Saints Collectors Show Off Your Stuff!

Thanks for the nice words Dave Miedema.

In preparation for the Divisional Playoff Game, that few think the Saints can win, I present a "Bring the Wood" team bat issued during the 2009 season for the game against the New York Jets.

Both teams were 3 - 0 entering the game and Mark Sanchez was the highly touted rookie QB out of USC starting for the Jets. Mark had won 3 Rookie of the Week awards coming into the game, but his luck would not last as the Saints brought some major defensive wood.

At the start of the 2nd quarter, Sanchez threw a 99 yard pick six to Darren Sharper and just 5 minutes later, he was strip sacked in the end zone by Remi Ayodele for another defensive touchdown. By the end of the day, Mark had thrown 3 interceptions and the Jets had lost a fumble. The Saints sacked Sanchez 4 times and were well on their way to their first ever Super Bowl win!!!

Drew Brees did not throw any touchdowns but the Saints running attack accounted for 153 yards and the Saints won the game 24-10. I still remember watching this game and all I can say is that the Saints need to bring this same ferocity to Seattle tomorrow.

Enjoy,
    Bob

Game Worn 2011 Vilma Jersey Saints Jersey and Game Issue 2004 Vilma Jets Rookie Jersey.
    Name:  Vilma Bat.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  322.1 KB

Name:  Saints Bat.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  263.0 KB
    Name:  Bring The Wood.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  200.5 KB

Scuff on the end of the bat and the company used by Saints.
    Name:  Bat Skuff.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  116.1 KBName:  Company.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  133.6 KB

Calling SAINTSFAN!

I am.desperately trying to reach you in order to get some further instructions on recreating the 1967 saints jersey you made yourself and posted pics of. I found some instructions you sent to Uni Watch, but any further help you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

My email is eddy.guttierrez@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Two new additions to the collection!

1998 Kyle Turley Rookie Jersey - Drafted by the Saints 1st round pick #7 in 1998 out of San Diego State. He played OT from 1998 to 2002 with the Black and Gold, but left the Saints and went to the Rams for 2003/4. He sat out 2005 due to a back injury but did return to the NFL with the Chiefs in 2006 and 2007. He missed only 2 games as a starter during his playing years and was selected All Pro in 2000 and 2003. Turley is infamous for the Jets helmet throwing incident in 2001 while protecting QB Aaron Brooks -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WyLJ27TdZs.

1998 Sammy Knight Jersey - Undrafted out of USC by the Saints in 1997 where he played Safety until 2002. He was named All Pro and went to the Pro Bowl in 2001. After leaving the Saints, he went on to play for the Dolphins, Chiefs, and Jaguars, before retiring as a Giant in 2008. Sammy was inducted into the New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame in 2011 and I was lucky enough to be able to meet him during his Induction Ceremony!

Enjoy,
    Bob

Kyle Turley - Nine team repairs, multiple hit marks, paint transfers and stains.
    Name:  Turley F2.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  387.5 KBName:  Turley R2.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  386.7 KB
    Fraying on nameplate.
    Name:  Turley NP.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  164.3 KB
    Largest of the repairs over right shoulder.
    Name:  Turlry Rep.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  168.4 KB

Sammy Knight - light use with some fraying and consistent staining - not able to find a photomatch of sleeve style however.
    Name:  Knught F2.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  355.4 KBName:  Knight R2.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  350.1 KB
    Example of the staining on right and left shoulders / sleeves.
    Name:  Knight Stain.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  197.5 KB

Beautiful jerseys. I feel like that number style is pretty much forgotten, and it may be my favorite, hard to see on TV or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLAsailor View Post
    Beautiful jerseys. I feel like that number style is pretty much forgotten, and it may be my favorite, hard to see on TV or not.
    I agree NOLAsailor. This color and style definitely was a classic combination. It would be nice if the team came out with an alternate design concept for a while. So you are trying to put together your own jersey? Please post if you get them done!

i'm trying. i've got pretty much everything i need ordered and on it's way, but i'm deploying on the 31st so i'm not really going to get to enjoy it for awhile lol. i was hoping to get some real detailed instructions from saintsfan but it looks like he's a difficult guy to get a hold of on any site he's registered to! i hope my jersey comes out ok, but i'll be sure to post pics whenever i get it done.

does anyone know how common the zigzag stitch is as far as asking a seamstress to have that done and look correct?

also, does anyone have or seen authentic saints throwback socks?

i've never seen them for sale anywhere but i'd love to get a pair.

Here are two defensive stars for the Saints, past and present, who both helped New Orleans win their first Superbowl!

Mike McKenzie - Drafted out of Memphis by the Packers in 1999 in round 3, pick #87. He played CB for Green Bay before being traded to the Saints for the last 10 games of the 2004 season. He had 2 major knee injuries during his time with the Saints and actually was waived prior to the last regular season game in 2009 due to a roster move to bring backup QB Chase Daniel to the active roster. He did not play in the playoffs or Superbowl for the Saints, but was awarded a Championship Ring for his contributions to the organization during the previous 5 years.

Roman Harper - Strong Safety drafted out of Alabama by the Saints in 2006, round 2, pick #43. Roman suffered a season ending knee injury during his rookie season and and was awarded Ed Block Courage Award in 2007. He was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2009 and 2010 and continues to be an integral part of the revamped Saints defense. He is still recording impressive tackle numbers and his iconic greying hair shows his experience.

Enjoy,
    Bob Gengler

2007 Mike McKenzie - light overall wear, fraying, hit mark {JO and Prova}
    Name:  McKenzie F.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  370.9 KBName:  McKenzie R.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  379.0 KB

2011 Roman Harper - 4 team repairs, hit and paint transfer marks, fraying, piling {Team Store}
    Name:  Harper F.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  371.8 KBName:  Harper R.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  382.6 KB
    Name:  Harper R Shoulder.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  146.5 KBName:  Harper Rep.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  100.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NOLAsailor View Post
    i'm trying. i've got pretty much everything i need ordered and on it's way, but i'm deploying on the 31st so i'm not really going to get to enjoy it for awhile lol. i was hoping to get some real detailed instructions from saintsfan but it looks like he's a difficult guy to get a hold of on any site he's registered to! i hope my jersey comes out ok, but i'll be sure to post pics whenever i get it done.

does anyone know how common the zigzag stitch is as far as asking a seamstress to have that done and look correct?
    Safe travels Eddy!