Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: NO Saints Collectors Show Off Your Stuff!

Hey AK Saints. My brother caught a field goal attempt at the Saints-Bears game at Tiger stadium in 2007 and mistakenly gave the ball back. He would kill to get a ball from that game. The video of him is on youtube at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLmDjbdxoHk

would you consider parting with the ball? Tom

Eddie,

I just saw your request to talk about the 1967 DIYs I did.

I emailed you at the address you listed.

Saintsfan

Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    Hey AK Saints. My brother caught a field goal attempt at the Saints-Bears game at Tiger stadium in 2007 and mistakenly gave the ball back. He would kill to get a ball from that game. The video of him is on youtube at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLmDjbdxoHk

would you consider parting with the ball? Tom
    That is a great video Tom! I would be kicking myself too if I gave a ball back. The ball that I posted was actually from their game at Soldier field at the end of the year, so it is not a ball from the Tiger Stadium game. It is my only game used ball otherwise I would consider selling it. If I come across another one, I will let you know.

Bob

I once saw the Saints selling the gold alternate jersey of James Fenderson for $300. For some reason I didn't buy it. Afterwards the hurricane hit New Orleans and the jersey is probably lost. I kick myself for not buying it. A consolation is I did manage to pickup his practice jersey which is the only Saints item I own.

http://www.buckshelmetmuseum.com/Hel...s/VSaints.aspx

Great vintage game used saints helmet

Quote Originally Posted by sjsinohio View Post
    http://www.buckshelmetmuseum.com/Hel...s/VSaints.aspx

Great vintage game used saints helmet
    Interesting helmet <sjsinohio>. I wonder if there is any player identifiers on the helmet to show who used it? Thanks for sharing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Who Dat Lifer... always looking for older Saints GU items:D

Curious if any Saints collectors have ever seen a Bobby Morse, Travis Davis or Richard Newsome jersey around?
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Hey guys, wanted to post a little about these Drew Brees game worn cleats I just won off ebay last week. I have been looking for a pair of Brees cleats for a couple years and finally found a pair for sale. As a Saints fan, very pleased to have found these for sale, and finally have a pair in my Saints collection.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201147138415...9#ht_26wt_1098

Because i know the ebay link will die at some point I will also post some photos of the cleats...

And I will add a little research I have done on them so far, I dont know if all the extra info is best to put in this thread or a different one, dedicated to photomatching, etc, but i guess I'll put it all down on this thread to keep it all in the same place...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

More on the Brees Cleats i just posted...

First I tried to get as much info from the Seller, he stated :

"purchased the cleats on Monday, June 16, 2014 at a charity golf outing called the Kovan Classic"
    "all he knew was that a former Detroit Lion donated them"
    "I sent them to PSA/DNA for verification"

Which was good info, but didnt get me any closer to figuring out what game they were worn in.
    So if you look at the auction listing, you'll see a photo of the Cleats Sample tags that say the FA12, or 2012 Football Season...

Trying to figure out what game they are from, first I figured out how many games Brees wore this style cleats in 2012..7 games + Preseason games...

Then because of the Dirt/Grass, stuck in the bottom of the cleats tried to eliminate the games played on Artificial Turf...

So eliminating Artificial Turf Fields becuase of the Dirt on the cleats..Down to 3 games, vs Raiders, Bucs and Packers during 2012...

Then, I wondered if i could figure out what type of grass was stuck under the cleats, and if it was say Bermuda grass, etc be able to eliminate another game before looking for photomatches...

So then I contacted a Turf expert, Jerad at GrowingInnovations.com...
    I asked if I sent a sample to someone could they help me identify the type of grass or field, and I provided the ebay listing and explained what I was trying to do.
    Maybe 10 minutes later, he emails a reply and says, Do you see those bright green pieces sticking out of one of the cleats?

"looks like there is a piece of green synthetic from a Desso grassmaster field. Grass won't be green still like that still as it will be decaying." -Jerad

I am unfamiliar with Desso Grassmaster, but its Wikipedia identifies it as a part Synthetic, and part natural type of turf where both are there.

AND that it is used at three NFL Stadiums, Broncos, Eagles, and Packers..
    Packers being the only time Brees wore these cleats in 2012.
    So with this unique combination of Synthetic and natural turf stuck to the Bottom of one of these Brees cleats (you can zoom in and see the green synthetic piece better on the ebay listing) the game has been narrowed down to one game.

Then i went to google images and tried to find the best photos from that game as possible to compare..

First image i tried to compare the creases of the heels of the cleats,
    then looked for a comparison to the soiling of the outer sides of both cleats,
    and the front.
    I dont think these are 100% photomatches or anything...
    But if this may be the only game they could have been worn in due to the grass, I think the images compare favorably and dont show anything to rule out that these are the same cleats....

Saints lost the game, But Brees had 3 Touchdowns and Tied Unitas Consecutive Touchdown Record that game.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Great cleat pick up and way to sleuth Congrats.