Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Babe a Ruth signed baseball advice

I've never been an expert in autographs. I've recently been looking to add a Babe Ruth ball to my collection. I'm very aware that there are probably more fake Ruth balls than homeless penny's lying dormant. Im reaching out on this forum for feedback and opinions. I've learned not to trust the piece of paper stating an item is authentic. The ball I'm interested comes with a PSA loa. Although this is arguably the best provenance out there, I would like to hear what some of you think of this ball. Do you think this signature came from the hand of the babe? Does it look like a clubhouse sig? Is the ball period to the signature? Thank you in advance for your time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Si...item20dc87db39
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

Re: Babe a Ruth signed baseball advice

I'm also interested in this baseball.. What do you think of this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121232434234...84.m1423.l2649
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints

The first ball is good, and considering I find most people ask crazy high prices on eBay for items like this, it is a reasonable starting point

The second is way to dirty for my. Tastes

The second ball looks like the Babe Ruth ball that gets taken in The Sandlot.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

You are looking to buy a baseball featuring one of the most forged autographs in the world, it's going to be impossible for us to tell if its real just by looking at a picture. Your best best is to go after one sold by an auction house like Hunt Auctions or one that already comes with PSA. They don't get every one right, but it's top of the mark when it comes to authentication.

I know someone who has one for sale if anyone is still looking for a Ruth signed baseball. Came from a charity auction has COA from either JSA or PSA/DNA Have to check with the owner of the ball to see if he still has it and who the COA is from

did anyone here by the $2800 ball

Quote Originally Posted by DJaeger22 View Post
    LOL!!
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by DJaeger22 View Post
    It's where someone shellacked it to preserve the autograph. It was a common practice.