Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: First fake autograph

The way you describe them is the definition of disdain.
    If the seller had a photo of the poster being signed this whole thing would be moot. It seems like you think no one out there is selling fakes or trying to be deceptive. If you can authenticate every thing you buy your self that's great but I cant, I guess your just a better collector then I.

I started out simply asking a question of people who may have been in a situation I haven't but maybe of my own fault the subject seems to have shifted.
    Never mind.
    Take care

Well that's not what I said at all, but ok.

I gave you my, as did others, personal experience based on the situation.

If you want my direct answer, your lucky to get a refund especially if your looking to utilize a 180 day window on a refund.

At the end of the day, you bought what he sold and you got what you expected. Thats the end of the transaction.

You opted to go involve a 3rd party and then allowed that opinion to change your mind about what you purchased to the point you don't want it. Your out that money, because you made that decision.

If the seller had a track record of fraud, if he shipped you something other than pictured its another story.

Personally I wouldn't refund your money.

Why don't you post the autograph in question for some on the board to give you an educated opinion. PSA fails real autographs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 64SHEA View Post
    The way you describe them is the definition of disdain.
    If the seller had a photo of the poster being signed this whole thing would be moot. It seems like you think no one out there is selling fakes or trying to be deceptive. If you can authenticate every thing you buy your self that's great but I cant, I guess your just a better collector then I.

I started out simply asking a question of people who may have been in a situation I haven't but maybe of my own fault the subject seems to have shifted.
    Never mind.
    Take care
    Are you saying this seller is "selling fakes or trying to be deceptive," or did he sell you something he believes in?

Either way, the choice to get it authenticated was yours. Over the last six summers of heavy selling, I've had two items fail a major authenticator. I refunded the money immediately, but did not refund the authentication fees. (Nor was I asked to, nor was I expected to.)

I understand being frustrated, but as I read over your posts, it seems to me you had strong feelings one way, and seem to be disappointed that the group doesn't agree.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Are you saying this seller is "selling fakes or trying to be deceptive," or did he sell you something he believes in?

Either way, the choice to get it authenticated was yours. Over the last six summers of heavy selling, I've had two items fail a major authenticator. I refunded the money immediately, but did not refund the authentication fees. (Nor was I asked to, nor was I expected to.)

I understand being frustrated, but as I read over your posts, it seems to me you had strong feelings one way, and seem to be disappointed that the group doesn't agree.

Ken

I actually meant to bring this us, the fake the title of this thread is "first fake autograph" really can't overstate the thought process here.

I agree with Griffey24fan, let see the item in question. Also, lets see the response of the person who is being accused of selling fake signatures.

I am not saying that but I have never dealt with this guy before.

Ken
    Again not at all, in fact if you read my posts I kept trying to steer the topic back to my original question in which I stated I have never had an auto come back as not authentic (seller or buyer) and just wanted to know if it was them norm to ask the seller to pay the authentication fee, that's it. If you read the responses up till RMoody's post they were answering that question. Any fustrtion came from RMoody who almost seems upset that I cant authenticate the item myself and I dared to send it to an authenticator. I had no idea it would turn into this or I wouldn't have even asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey24fan View Post
    Why don't you post the autograph in question for some on the board to give you an educated opinion. PSA fails real autographs all the time.
    Like I said the poster is signed by astronauts and lesser known ones at that. It was not sent to PSA it was sent to a highly respected authenticator in the space field.

You have a degree in physics?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    You have a degree in physics?
    Yes, why?

Well, Having a physics degree one would assume you would be highly proficient at problem solving and have the ability to solve challenges by thinking creatively. A physics degree also gives you a grounding in advanced mathematics.

I guess I can't understand your reluctance to accept your peers suggestions.
    One who is highly proficient at problem solving would assume that getting the same answer from everyone would mean something more than they are picking on me.
    Your advanced mathematical skills should come in handy when 100% of the responses are more or less the same. Now the sample size may be small but when developing a hypothesis within the sample size it would point to you being unable to accept others opinions that differ from your own preconceived notions.
    I also have a hard time understanding why you seem able to accept at 100% an opinion by a 3rd party when your physics degree should have taught you that to have a 100% success rate in any field would be an anomaly.