Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Nice helmet Jeff. I remember watching games when Hos was wearing that helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Tired of Chu getting on my case for not posting stuff... so here are a few items...

1983 George Brett - cracked, doesn't have much pine tar but does show a good amount of ball marks and seam impressions. Came from a Mariners clubhouse guy during a 4 game series in Seattle from 9/26/1983-9/29/1983. Two months after the infamous pine tar game. I heard a recounting of the pine tar game once that George said after the pine tar game he went sparse on the tar for a while, maybe that explains the light tar and also it is well documented that he cleaned up the actual pine tar game bat with alcohol and a cloth and may have done that to other bats as well to keep them below the 18 inch mark. And a picture of me and George the day he signed the bat for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Late 70s, circa 1978, cleats used by George Brett. George had an endorsement deal with Spotbilt in the late 70s early 80s, before switching to Puma in mid 80s and Nike in late 80s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

This is probably my favorite Billy Butler bat. It is photo-matched to games from 9/7/2009 through 9/11/2009.

Photo-matched to 5th inning and 8th inning HRs on 9/7/2009 - 3 for 4 with 2 HRs (Career #35 & 36).

Photo matched to 9/9/2009 - 3 for 5 with 3 doubles (#45 on Season & Career Double #90).

Based on the hits with this bat, Billy won AL Player of the Week on 9/14/2009 and he also won AL Player of the Month.

With the three Double game on 9/9/2009 became first player since at least 1900 to have 4 3-Double games in a single season. I have the bats from two of those four games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Nice helmet Jeff. I remember watching games when Hos was wearing that helmet.
    Thanks Wes. I actually thought I had it matched to the game we sat on the PPP against the Marlins at first. But it wasn't it.

Great items as always that you posted. I can't wait to own a Brett anything!

With the three Double game on 9/9/2009 became first player since at least 1900 to have 4 3-Double games in a single season. I have the bats from two of those four games.
    here is the second of my 3-double game bats from 8/8/2009... broken 8/11/2009. Note the crushed in cupped end and the slivered handle, then check out the series of photos from the game capture. I'm not sure why Billy was trying to fix the cupped end, but I love the face he made and how hard he tried to salvage this bat... I'm not sure if the handle was not cracked yet or if he didn't notice because he fouled off the next pitch as well and you can see he took the pieces to the bat boy and got a new bat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Al Cowens game used glove. AC played six seasons with the Royals from 1974-1979. His best season came in 1977 when he won a Gold Glove award and finished second to Rod Carew in the MVP vote based on his .312/23/112 season plus 14 triples playing in all 162 games. That 1977 team is widely regarded as the best team the Royals have ever fielded. Despite a slow start at 21-23 through May, the team finished 102-60, with a torrid 25-5 September and was the favorite to win it all going into the playoffs.

Though this glove was definitely used during his Seattle year's I have been unable to determine when it first went into use.

The glove is marked pretty thoroughly... Cowens is written on the thumb, AC is written on the wrist, the #16 added above the W thumb logo and then there is some other pen ink markings including "EiE" and a trapezoid or something. I've not figured out any meaning to those last two.

When I purchased the glove, I found the attached note detailing how the gift was obtained from AC's son, Purvis, an interesting piece of provenance...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

2012 Alex Gordon batting helmet used for essentially the entire as near as I can tell. I had photomatched the helmet from May 11th to September 25th. The distinctive marks on the ear flap make the process pretty simple. Alex is known to, superstitiously, use a single hat or helmet for as long as possible... teammates have stolen his hat from him because of the stench it puts off after 150 games of sweat. On the flip side he seems to break a bat every night.

Also, my first ever photo-match to a FatHead, but I've not bit the bullet and purchased it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I also have a bat that goes with that helmet, broken on 9/29/2012 (err, I should update the above)... I'm not aware of anything special occurring with this bat, but it is a nice photo-matched bat from the season Alex hit 51 doubles, leading all of MLB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I also have a bat that goes with that helmet, broken on 9/29/2012 (err, I should update the above)... I'm not aware of anything special occurring with this bat, but it is a nice photo-matched bat from the season Alex hit 51 doubles, leading all of MLB.
    oops... photo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell