Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Just picked up this Salvador Perez mask from Player Direct. These are not pictures I took. Item will be in transit soon!

Outside of my Orioles collection this has to be my favorite. Took awhile to land a vintage Royals jersey with Kansas City on it. 1976 Hal McRae.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    I know that we have several Royals collectors on the board, so I wanted to create a thread for fellow Royals collectors to learn from each other and educate each other. As well as a place for us to share our findings/pickups.

I'll start with my favorite baseball item in my collection. I was able to obtain this from fellow forum member Jerry S. He was kind enough to let me pry this away from his collection. Even though I have had it for a few months, I still have not created a display for it.

George Brett 1992 game used jersey. This road style jersey is my favorite Royals style of jersey ever (Road 1992-94), and it is also of my favorite player ever. My all time grail type baseball jersey would be George Brett's 3,000 hit jersey, but that is in the Royals HOF and I don't think that is going to be in my collection anytime soon. Here is a road jersey worn by Brett in 1992 just prior to his 3,000 hit. George wore this jersey in September of 1992 on road trips to NYY, Bal and Min. George inscribed the hits that he had while wearing this gamer (2,979-2,784, 2,994-2,996). Brett collected hits 2,997-3,000 in one night in a 4 hit game against the Angels. On this jersey there is the Joe Burke "JRB" memorial patch. On Brett's jerseys, he modified the patch to have a "JHB" which I believe was for his father Jack Brett. The jersey is unwashed and has residual pine tar on the left collarbone area and the back right shoulder.

The tagging on the front of the jersey isn't exactly like other 1992 Royals jerseys as they typically show the Year, set #, number, then name. The Intera Tag is on the neck of this Brett jersey. I will post an example of another 1992 gamer next.
    Michael, that is a beautiful Brett jersey!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
    Outside of my Orioles collection this has to be my favorite. Took awhile to land a vintage Royals jersey with Kansas City on it. 1976 Hal McRae.
    I LOVE this jersey. The powder blue 70's jersey's are my favorites of the Royals. Ahhhhh the memories of a winner year in and year out; even if I was only a small child!

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Michael, that is a beautiful Brett jersey!

Ben
    Thank you for the kind words Ben, the Brett jersey is a beauty like most of the gems in your collection.

2001 Carlos Beltran game used jersey
    This is the third 2001 Beltran game used jersey that I have owned. I sold my other home 2001 Beltran previously so this is taking the place of the one that I sold before. This one was obtained originally from a shirt off the back type drawing at the game. I purchased this from the original owner. This jersey was worn prior to September 11th as post 9/11 the US Flag patch was present on jerseys. In 2001 all American League teams wore the 100 years AL patch on the sleeve.

This jersey is unwashed. Dirt, pine tar and sharpie markings are present on this jersey. What is interesting about this jersey is the Russell tagging is the 1996-1999 style tagging. The other 2001 Beltran jerseys that I have handled had the 2001 style Russell tagging.

2013 Eric Hosmer game used jersey (MLB authenticated)
    This Hos jersey was last worn during a 2-HR game on 6/28/2013. In this 9-3 victory over the Twins, Hosmer went 3-4 with 3 runs, 2 HR, and 3 RBIs. June (2 new hitting coaches, one of them George Brett himself) is the month that Hosmer got his career back on track and when he started to show the promise that he had shown in his rookie year. He continued his hot month of June through the rest of the season picking up the 2013 Royals Player of the Year Award. This jersey was purchased directly from Royals Authentics.

Later on in the season Hos had another 2 HR game on 7/24 against Baltimore, unfortunately the Royals did not tag, pull, and authenticate that home jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    Very impressive jersey's.

I don't have much and no jersey's but I do have this Salvador Perez gamer photo matched to his first and so far his only game winning HR.
    Great Perez items! The kid just looks like he enjoys playing the game.

2011 Eric Hosmer rookie game used jersey (Joplin and Splittorff patches)
    I no longer own this jersey as I auctioned it off in one of the Goldin Auctions this year. I had obtained the jersey and a Moustakas (Later obtained by fellow collector Leigh B, I'll let him post his jersey) originally through Royals Auctions. During a series in St. Louis from June 17-19th the Royals and Cardinals both wore the Teams Unite for Joplin patch. Both teams later auctioned off their jerseys from the series and donated money to help those affected by the Joplin destruction. Hosmer and Moustakas both wore 3 jerseys that series and the day they wore them was designated by writing the day of the week on the inner wash tag. You can see that in the picture where the "F" is. The Hosmer and Moustakas jerseys that I owned came washed, signed and MLB authenticated as game used. The Friday game was highlighted by a face first slide by Moose into home plate for the winning run (5-4 Royals win), Moose bloodied his face up pretty good on the slide.

I do not know if all players wore three jerseys but I would doubt that.

The "Splitt" patch worn on the sleeve was worn in 2011 after the passing (5/25/11) of former player and announcer Paul Splittorff.

Quote Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
    If you ever want to get rid of this please let me know. I'd LOVE to own a jersey from this era. royalcollector1@yahoo.com

Got the mask. Loving it. I had to put it on and I know that will KILL some GUU members but that was the last time. LOL. Currently looking for a nice shadowbox and will try to photomatch although not holding out much hope.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

OOPS. That first picture isn't my picture. Here is mine.