Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steiner Sports Send Ins Question

I sent Steiner Sports a Paul Pierce rookie game used jersey and a 2010/2011 KG home game issued jersey to be signed. The original dates were the 19th and 20th of last month. They got pushed back a couple times and KG signed today (12/11) but they still have no date for Pierce. I'm really bummed because Pierce is my favorite player - even still - but now I'm going to be double charged for the return shipping since they would have originally shipped back together. I'm also bummed that Steiner doesn't let you know when signings have been changed and no new date scheduled unless you reach out to them. Now one of my favorite jerseys is just sitting at Steiner to be signed but no one knows when it will be rescheduled. I can pay and have them send it back but to me that's not good business - they advertised a signing, accepted the items from people but now they give you the choice of waiting without a date or even a guess of a date or pay to have it sent back unsigned.. I'm not sure about everyone else but I feel that if someone wants their item back Steiner should pick up the tab on the return since the signing was postponed for an unknown timeframe.

Anyone else had this issue with Steiner?

Re: Steiner Sports Send Ins Question

Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
    I sent Steiner Sports a Paul Pierce rookie game used jersey and a 2010/2011 KG home game issued jersey to be signed. The original dates were the 19th and 20th of last month. They got pushed back a couple times and KG signed today (12/11) but they still have no date for Pierce. I'm really bummed because Pierce is my favorite player - even still - but now I'm going to be double charged for the return shipping since they would have originally shipped back together. I'm also bummed that Steiner doesn't let you know when signings have been changed and no new date scheduled unless you reach out to them. Now one of my favorite jerseys is just sitting at Steiner to be signed but no one knows when it will be rescheduled. I can pay and have them send it back but to me that's not good business - they advertised a signing, accepted the items from people but now they give you the choice of waiting without a date or even a guess of a date or pay to have it sent back unsigned.. I'm not sure about everyone else but I feel that if someone wants their item back Steiner should pick up the tab on the return since the signing was postponed for an unknown timeframe.

Anyone else had this issue with Steiner?
    With what they charge for autographs they should be paying the shipping back. Price a Jeter autograph with inscription......but sit down before opening the email.

When I asked about Jeter signing a cleat the price was $500 and I believe it was almost that much for an inscription.

I had a horrible experience with this. One of the signings I participated in, they said one price- was charged another (slightly higher), and the package is being "delivered" with no signature confirmation on it. Luckily, the photo is replaceable but the signature won't be for a while.

Such a disappointment overall. The other item I got signed became a joke experience as well. My sister felt bad, and I felt helpless 1500 miles away.

Well, I can say that no one took the package off the doorstep..... but right now I kind of wish they did.

I'm extremely disappointed in the amount of care Steiner took in sending my item back to me.

I had sent in a photo to be signed, and while I took care in putting it in a shipping tube, protecting it with plastic and taking an extra two seconds to roll it up carefully- I can honestly say they did none of that.

The photo looked to have been rolled while traveling over a railroad track, and just hastily thrown in the tube with no protection. Not only that- the "Certificate of Authenticity", a business card, and a post card sized advertisement were all thrown into the tube as well.

Yep, just thrown in- free to slide up and down the photo.

Oh yeah, and the autograph as well.

You can see creases and rips all along the sides of the photo, while there are scratches from the plastic card they called a certificate of authenticity where it made contact with the autograph.

I've called the number on the business card to express my disappointment, and hopefully after the voicemail they will call me back tomorrow (Friday).

Either way, I can safely say I will never send anything to them again that could not be damaged. I'm just grateful I didn't send them anything one of a kind or extremely sentimental.

This is such a disappointment after spending almost $200 to get this signed.

Any ideas on what I should do?

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_3669.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_3670.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_3676.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_3678.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_3679.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_3680.jpg

Anybody have a working number for steiner send ins? Sorry, on my phone. Can't really look up at work

On their website they give 2 diff numbers...

1 914 307 1000

1-800-759-SCORE

let us know how this works out.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by cfern023 View Post
    Anybody have a working number for steiner send ins? Sorry, on my phone. Can't really look up at work
    Call 914-365-6790 and speak with Brendan.

Did you originally ship it to them in those flat rigid plastic top loaders? If you frame the photo, you probably won't see the wrinkles along the sides. Anti glare UV covering might make the scratches on the signature not that noticeable either.

I sent it in the same tube it looks like , but took an extra couple of seconds to put it in right, and used a white plastic tube bag to put inside the tube.

I've called Brendan twice, and left a voicemail each time.

I called the two nbers- the one that ends in 1000 and SCORE and they both said I can only speak to Brendan about it and to expect a call in 24-48 hours.

They did say he is the only one in the send in department, and he most likely packaged this up himself.

When asked if I don't get a call back today (Friday) would I get one on Saturday they both said not to expect anything until Monday in that case- but he MAY call.

As far as the scratches and the Damaged part, I put it behind a glass to see if it's noticeable but it did nothing. You can still see the scratches across the signature and the creases by the sides. At almost 200 I should have to hope the frame hides the damage.

And as for why it wasn't mailed in a top loader, I couldn't find 12x18 or 16x20 top loaders in Miami on such a short notice. I've mailed items like this and the same way, and never had a problem before.

I think part of what irks me is the fact everything was just thrown into the tube with no attention to detail, and no thought of the consequences.

Who wouldn't think a plastic credit card going up and down in a tube wouldn't damage a picture?

This was a pain to type on my phone- lol.
    What do you think I should be doing in this instance.