Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: My collection, hopefully some HOF's here.

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN92 View Post
    Hey steel nice jerseys
    As I assisted you with your Fitzgerald jersey , I will have to say the pic from getty u posted is a perfect pic because it's at end of the game. But I don't see a positive match.. I could be wrong.. But there's no markings by the 4 on the game pic yet yours shows a bunch on front.. Maybe he wore 2 jerseys that game. ? Or were you just guessing it's from that game .. Not hating just trying to help, seems like you have some sweet jerseys.
    Let me know what you think
    I agree does not look like the same jersey...

Just found a very clear picture by shear luck. The front right shoulder is def not the same. I spoke directly with the NFL guy. He was absolutely great about the fitz jersey. Gmen, appreciate the help. But I'm thinking I need to call and reclarify. If thats a word.
    Stated it's from the international series. So I've been following all the Pitt jerseys on NFL auctions from that game this past month. It occurred to me that they all had kind of the same kind of wear, dirt pattern. Just kind of speckled dirt. Not really clear discernible hit marks. Who knows, may have just took a handful and rolled them in the dirt. May have to see if those are matches also.
    With the nyg mess, the Arizona suspicion, etc I'm getting a little tired of this.
    So def not a match at the end of the game. If he changed at half time.....not sure what my argument would be.

Gmen, to clarify it was from NFL auctions and stated from the international game vs the Vikings. As were the mult other Pitt jerseys. Looking right now, this jersey doesn't seem to match any from the 2013 season. I really do appreciate the help. So thank you.

All others that bought Pitt international gamers this year, I'd double check. I think I tried to match one or two others from that game but couldn't find a match.

Again, if he changed at half time....well, I guess some players do. And I know he is very particular about his jerseys.

Ok, upon further closer examination with jersey in hand. Their are marks that look like there was def equipment underneath the jersey. Like with AP jerseys you can see the strap marks or button eye hole impressions left by the underneath shoulder pads.
    I don't see them putting the jersey on a rookie and telling him to roll around in it. Otherwise these specific marks would be very diff to fake. I'm no expert. The difference with that fitz jersey is mine was like new with some scratch marks vs gmens muddied one.
    This ones wear looks to me that those marks are legit. I'll have to see if they say he changed at half time.. Because on further review I'm at about 90% sure this wear could be legit. Looking at it up close, in hand the marks and wear is impressive. But def not from the end of that game.
    Sorry about three posts but I don't see where I can edit the prev posts.
    I'll let you know. I still have to send the fitz jersey back this weekend. They were great about that. And I see the recent post with MLB authentication problems. Ugh....hope it's not a can of worms.

Unless the rep. from NFL Auctions collects the jersey immediately after the game the jersey may have been handled by a number of individuals and the dirt pattern could have changed.

For older 49er shirts I was told that they were all thrown into a bin and that sometimes the jerseys were handled extensively which could account for a change in the way the stains appear at the games end vs when they are sold. Back then the jerseys were not thought of as "high end collectables" so they were not taken care of as they are today. This increases the possibility of an alteration in the appearance of a jersey coming off the field versus when it is sold especially if it is unwashed. A dirty, wet jersey that comes off a sweaty player may look one way as he runs into the locker room but may look another way after he has thrown the shirt onto the locker room floor where the pattern of staining can change.

One would think a shirt from the 2013 season could be photo matched fairly easily with all the high definition images available. It is not as easy as it would seem. I have an Aldon Smith home game worn jersey from last season which has numerous grass stains and I am having trouble matching it to the game it was supposedly worn in. The jersey was purchased via NFL Auctions. It's PSA sticker number corresponds to an authentic Aldon Smith jersey in the data base though but the image provided by PSA shows my jersey complete with grass stains. The original NFL Auctions listing was for a game worn Aldon Smith jersey. I tried to contact PSA to have their description changed from authentic to game worn but their phone number goes unanswered.

Always buying 49er gamers
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Nfl auctions can't seem to get the hang of listing stuff correctly.. Seems always jerseys from the wrong games or lately Jerseys that don't match at all..

Good luck steel keep us updated on what they say..
    Hopefully it works out.. Maybe check first half photos see if it matches up.

I did speak to the head NFL guy. He said that with the pitt gear he got the jerseys personally. He went in with a list of players he would like and gets them from the equipment manager. So the chain is as small as you can get.
    So solar, you're correct about how they handle it. We just discussed this particular jersey and how he personally obtained the jersey. Which after a long conversation I do believe him. He wouldn't try to con me. Like the fitz jersey he told me that story, couldn't be sure and said to just return it. No problem.
    Also, adding to why I am now believing it's the real deal is that he said just because he's the with the NFL and they technically own the gear doesn't mean he gets what he wants. I think that's to keep good relations. But he cited examples where he wanted a James Harrison but the James/Pitt/mgr didnt want to give it up so he doesn't push the issue and moves on. So I really don't see why they would fake this one jersey when they could just as easily said no. Versus trying to fake the usage. ESP for an everyday jersey versus when for ex. Eli manning wants to keep his Superbowl helmet and there's incentive to fake it. So currently I'm satisfied. Although visual brings up a good point..that much money for a half game used jersey? Considering I've never seen a Troy jersey I'll prob just keep it. It does have/ show great usage.
    The fitz jersey they just gave the NFL a backup jersey, scratched it up a little. IMO. But were excellent about returning it.
    But does leave a bad taste. Thanks guys for the feedback. That's what this board shuld be for.
    Moving on.

It's disconcerting enough to read about all the errors NFL auctions have made with respect to various jerseys, but to make these mistakes with HOF caliber jerseys that being top dollar - really troubling. Think about how many of these mistakes are not being caught? I hope everything works out and that they just got the date of the game incorrect.

Just FYI, I purchased the Heath Miller from the Int'l game against the Vikings and was able to photomatch it, so it's definitely a good jersey.

Wow, a game used home black Jack Lambert jersey...please post pics of that jersey!!!