Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Syracuse - Georgetown 1930 Basketball Ticket Stub

I've got a ticket stub from the Syracuse - Georgetown basketball game in 1930. Being that it is from the first game in their long rivalry, I figure it could be more valuable than a standard 1930 college basketball stub. Problem is, I haven't found many examples of those up for sale on eBay or through a Google search (and none from Syracuse - Gtown 1930). Does anyone have a rough estimate of what it could go for and does anyone have any interest in it or know someone who may?

Re: Syracuse - Georgetown 1930 Basketball Ticket Stub

Quote Originally Posted by ColgateFootball View Post
    I've got a ticket stub from the Syracuse - Georgetown basketball game in 1930. Being that it is from the first game in their long rivalry, I figure it could be more valuable than a standard 1930 college basketball stub. Problem is, I haven't found many examples of those up for sale on eBay or through a Google search (and none from Syracuse - Gtown 1930). Does anyone have a rough estimate of what it could go for and does anyone have any interest in it or know someone who may?
    Being from Syracuse, I thnk that's a pretty cool item. Can you post a pic of it?
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Being from Syracuse, I thnk that's a pretty cool item. Can you post a pic of it?
    I expect to have it in hand by the end of the week. Will post a scan then.

In the meantime, there's some older Syracuse stuff on my site that you can check out. Especially on this page... http://www.colgatefootballcollection...890-19191.html

ColgateFootball......would you mind sending me an e-mail (my contact
    info is below) or posting how I can get in touch with you?

I have a simple question to ask that doesn't pertain to this thread and I'm sure no one else cares. Thanks!

As a Georgetown alum, I can tell you the fact that it relates to Georgetown is what would give the item potential value

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    As a Georgetown alum, I can tell you the fact that it relates to Georgetown is what would give the item potential value

-Chris
    I'll never forget this game:

4. Thompson's Three technical fouls: On March 4, 1990 at the Carrier Dome, Georgetown coach John Thompson was livid with a reach-in foul against the Hoyas and received his first technical of the season. Thompson then left the coach's box to receive his second technical. He then preceded to stomp on to the court and was issued a third technical foul. Thompson was ejected after getting technical fouls from three different referees. Syracuse won the controversial game 89-87.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Here it is...

And some of the other goodies that came out of the same scrapbook...

Rochester Red Wings vs Newark Bears

I'll never forget this game:

4. Thompson's Three technical fouls: On March 4, 1990 at the Carrier Dome, Georgetown coach John Thompson was livid with a reach-in foul against the Hoyas and received his first technical of the season. Thompson then left the coach's box to receive his second technical. He then preceded to stomp on to the court and was issued a third technical foul. Thompson was ejected after getting technical fouls from three different referees. Syracuse won the controversial game 89-87.
    Don't forget Billy Owens hitting the free throws to win as a result of the T's. What a game, was stoked to of been there, go Cuse!
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by lengthwise1 View Post
    Don't forget Billy Owens hitting the free throws to win as a result of the T's. What a game, was stoked to of been there, go Cuse!
    I remember! And remember when Thompson was leaving the court, the cuse fans were giving him such a hard time. It was a classic. (sorry for turning this thread into a Cuse history lesson).
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The only history 'Cuse basketball has is losing to Georgetown. "Manley Field House if officially CLOSED!