Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yet Another PSA DNA Blunder.....

I know this isn't sports related but I happen to be a huge collector of Andy Griffith signed items. I would consider myself an expert of Grifffith signatures for various reasons. Anyhow, this was not signed by Griffith.....guaranteed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANDY-GRIFFIT...item5d448d1129

Re: Yet Another PSA DNA Blunder.....

Whats even more pathetic is PSA DNA authenticated the two Griffith signatures below....which are good and which I own....which means they are in their database....and yet they authenticated the garbage signature above.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

So you are saying even PSA makes mistakes?

Guess what....another PSA blunder! This one is awful........

And.....one of the worst Don Knotts forgeries I've ever seen. Why do people continue to rely on the opinion of a company that CLEARLY screws up time and time again?

Charles Bronson no more signed this photo than the man in the moon. Yet another PSA gaffe......

Curious, are the people at PSA that authenticate movie/tv celebrity autographs, the same people that authenticate sports autographs? Or do they have different people for different categories?

Banned

Doc - so you just randomly post some autographs that PSA/DNA believes to be genuine and you post they are fake without any proof? I did research, and I believe all these autographs may very well be genuine.

I spent time comparing these to other examples and everything you posted above very well could be genuine. Not sure why you are calling out items that very well could be real.

You can randomly post autographs that you believe are not real that are certified, but that doesn't mean you are correct. I will stand behind all of the posted autographs above as being possibly genuine as their characteristics are close enough to genuine ones that I can see how they passed.

How can PSA know the nuisances of every person or player in all genre's of sports and celebrity? I call BS and say its almost impossible. I think many good examples get lost in the shuffle in the process. I dont call myself any expert on anything but I know about 5-10 players really well as I have collected their signatures for 20 years. I had a signature on game used jersey not pass when the jersey and autograph were 1000% text book genuine. What they failed to realize in my case was the player in question was playing professionally as a teenager and the signature on the jersey was the first or earliest variation of this players autograph that he signed. What can you do? It may not mean much to some people but when a legitimate item is rejected the owner has no real recourse to sell in an auction. Its aggravating, frustrating and I would sure like to know who authenticates signatures of athletes who do not play"American" sports.

Maybe yours are fake and the others are real. Just kidding!
    I have no idea.

I do know that I have autographs that I am confident are real based on me seeing it signed or just my own research. I don't care if they are not authenticated because I am convinced in my own mind they are real.

I also have autographs that I have bought that have 3rd party authentication like psa/dna, jsa, upper deck, etc........because I did not take time to research or just didn't feel confident enough in my own ability to authenticate. Sometimes it was just a good deal.
    I have never sent an autograph to a company to authenticate so if I have one with their sticker it was because of the above reasons only.

Do I believe they are 100% right all the time? Of course not. But if I decide to sell an autograph nobody questions its authenticity if it has a select few little stickers on it.
    Most collectors feel comfortable with the stickers and someone else's opinion.