Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: November Pick-ups

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    Really nice photo of the Burfict. My Phins owned Dalton Halloween so I'm not mad at seeing a Bengals jersey lol. That burnt orange really pops. Just goes to show you how much more vibrant Nike colors are.
    Gotta love the NIKE fanboy comments. Keep 'em coming! They are becoming hilarious at this point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    Gotta love the NIKE fanboy comments. Keep 'em coming! They are becoming hilarious at this point.

Lol how about you post a jersey. Its been a while

Here ya go...It's even a NIKE!!!!

Clady 2012 alt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Very nice Abstract. Just admit it.... Nikes are freaking awesome

Banned

For that Broncos jersey. At least consider displaying the front of the jersey. The front of a Nike jersey has so many unique parts to it, that its a no brainer which way I frame them. For

1- you get an NFL shield that is exclusive to gamers and elites (Metallic). Replicas and anything below have non metallic non silicone shields.
    2- Broncos word logo
    3- Front numbers sewn over seem (unique to elite 51's)
    4- Fly wire collar
    5- Unique size neck tag (Unique Metallic wording) elites and replicas no silver wording thread.
    6- Nike checks and TV numbers (similar to back frame if not better)
    7- Possible hit marks/face mask marks (usually on shoulder area)

Cons

No name displayed.

Just my 2 cents- the front of a nike jersey is like art work. Esp a Broncos jersey. The only cool thing keeping the broncos jersey from ultimate supreme ranking NFL jersey would be the Bronco horse head logo on the sleeves.

Nice case Abstract! Did you build that yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    For that Broncos jersey. At least consider displaying the front of the jersey. The front of a Nike jersey has so many unique parts to it, that its a no brainer which way I frame them. For

1- you get an NFL shield that is exclusive to gamers and elites (Metallic). Replicas and anything below have non metallic non silicone shields.
    2- Broncos word logo
    3- Front numbers sewn over seem (unique to elite 51's)
    4- Fly wire collar
    5- Unique size neck tag (Unique Metallic wording) elites and replicas no silver wording thread.
    6- Nike checks and TV numbers (similar to back frame if not better)
    7- Possible hit marks/face mask marks (usually on shoulder area)

Cons

No name displayed.

Just my 2 cents- the front of a nike jersey is like art work. Esp a Broncos jersey. The only cool thing keeping the broncos jersey from ultimate supreme ranking NFL jersey would be the Bronco horse head logo on the sleeves.
    Okay, Anabolicollege17....All ribbing and teasing aside, I will admit that I do like the Nike look; always did. I just disagreed with the quality aspect of Reebok vs Nike. And, yes, I do agree that the front is pretty cool. However, since this jersey does not have a patch, I think the nameplate trumps the coolness of the front. However, I do have these jerseys "free-hanging" in these cases, so they are easy to flip if I so desire. If, and when, I obtain a patched Nike jersey, I will probably display the front. I have a Gary Zimmerman 75th patch gamer that I displayed front first, just because of that reason.

As for the Broncos' logo on the jersey, Reebok (yes I know), had an embroidered Broncos' horse logo on the belt of the pants. This was a nice complement to the overall uniform and Nike decided not to continue that aspect for whatever reason. In this particular case, I think the Reebok uniform (over all) was better looking. But, again, still like both pretty much equally.

So, Reebok pants > Nike pants. Sorry, man... Had to tease you one more time
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Lhaso View Post
    Nice case Abstract! Did you build that yourself?
    Thanks man! No, I didn't build it, but I did customize it with suede fabric and, of course, added the mount. Hanging jerseys on the wall without mating them down (possibly ruining them) was a better solution for my limited display space. I have a couple torso mannequins, but they take up a lot of room. Now, they hang in my frame just like they would in my closet, but I get to enjoy them instead of being hidden.

Picked up a couple new items for my Rangers collection:

2008 Nelson Cruz Road Vest Jersey

Hank Blalock Used and Signed Hat. My guess is a BP hat, not sure which year this was used, but for $25 I couldn't pass. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, needless to say, the past month has been good for me. I forgot to post my end of October pick ups so they are included as well.

I finally bit the bullet and purchased my "white whale" which is a game used Mike Schmidt bat. I have had other opportunities but I wanted a bat that showed excellent use and wasn't cracked. The bat I finally purchased is only slightly cracked...it was the pinetar and use that sold me. This now easily takes the cake as the center piece of my collection. Thank you Jerry!

Mike Schmidt - Game Used Rawlings Adirondack Red Ring, Slightly Cracked, Signed

Davey Lopes - 2008 World Series Game Issued/Used Home Jersey

Pat Burrell - 2007 Game Used Home Jersey w/ VUK Patch, Signed

Pat Burrell - 2006/2007 Game Used LVS Bat

JC Romero - 2008 Game Used Alt. Home Jersey, Signed

Mike Lieberthal - 2005 Game Used Rawlings Blue Ring bat, Signed

Juan Samuel - 80's Game Used Cooper Bat, Signed