Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

First off - I received the following facts via email from a fellow forum member correcting me on my "Witch Hunt" comment earlier:

"It's a great post. One thing, though... it is actually THREE new members to pop up TODAY and use the term witch hunt!!! Here they are:

Post 89 by beachpetrol (only 9 posts to his name, member since August 2013): "I'm thinking your witchhunt with regards to his increase in the authentication fees is going to go nowhere."

Post 94 by net0@thehalf (only 3 posts to his name, member since August 2013): "Stop the witch hunt atmosphere and show some impartialness."

Post 105 by JRock75 (only 1 post to his name, member since October 2013): "However, you have now turned this into a "whichhunt" against Dan and DC Sports."

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

I have answered your questions and it is obvious that you are an opportunist and are just using this situation to benefit your own personal agenda. Since you seem to be the expert on the amount of auction items that have been sold with my letters let me ask you some questions.

First off how do you know that the items the auction houses are offering were not obtained directly from me? Also how many of the auction items you have seen with my letters come from customers who bought directly from me?

As far as the Lakers signatures I acquire and PSA’s opinion of them, it is just that…their opinion. I have personally obtained over 400 hundred autographs from Kobe since he was a rookie up until around his second championship and in the beginning, PSA would authenticate all my Kobe signatures until they decided to stop, they told me that “we don’t have a problem with the quality it’s the quantity.” They simply don’t believe that I have that kind of access and that is their opinion. I have witnessed PSA authenticate Kobe autographs from dealers in LA that came from the same sources I get my Kobe autos from and they pass their items. but not mine so I have had to deal with this kind of shit since Kobe was a rookie and I am still here. All of my Lakers autographs come directly from the players and my customers know it.

DAN 323.257.4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Joel,

I have been watching the thread and have not made a post here previously because I did not think any rules were violated and I thought it right to let the people involved post to clarify their involvement in the situation. However, I believe the last post you have made has gone over the line. Specifically, the forum rules state:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

Your post stated, "this jersey is an example of Dan charging extra to authenticate an item that didn't come from his inside source and him trying to say it is an isolated case is very scary and puts doubt on any previous letters he has written." In addition, you state, "He claims he has multiple sources for Kobe autographs, but he has a line of them that have failed authentication from the most trusted autograph authenticators in the business which leads us to believe Dan's source for Kobe autographs may be of the clubhouse variety of Kobe autographs."

If I understand correctly, Dan has asserted:

1) The amount he charged was for the authentication and the autograph. He has also stated that he will be refunding the authentication fee because he made a mistake on the authentication. Please let me know if I am reading his post incorrectly. If not, please substantiate your claim that he charged more for the authentication and how that puts doubt into any previous letters he has written; and

2) Dan has claimed his sources have access to Kobe Bryant to get the autographs. I honestly have no idea whether or not that is true. However, before you can implicitly state these autographs are of the "clubhouse variety," please provide some statement from the autograph experts you refer to in making that claim. If that is truly the case, I am sure the authenticators will provide you with some form of statement that the autographs are of the clubhouse variety.

Please note I have no dog in this race but you have asked someone to come on here and answer your questions which I believe he did. If you are going to make any further accusations that imply impropriety please provide the necessary proof other than your opinions that it "leads you to believe...'

Thank you in advance for your compliance with the forum rules.

-Chris
    Chris - If you read all the posts in this thread - Mark made it clear that Ryan told him Dan charged him between $750 and $2000 to authenticate this jersey and that Ryan had to send a money order in for payment. I asked Dan how much he charged for the autograph and authentication. He has ignored this question of the exact amount he charged Ryan.

My reasoning for this question is quite obvious - If Dan charged a much higher fee than normal is raises a question of his intentions as I'm sure Dan can spot problems with Los Angeles Lakers jerseys much more clearly than anyone else.

As for the autograph experts - They didn't make the statement about the "clubhouse" vartiety - It was made to me by a hobby expert who has worked for a major auction house that said that JSA has turned down many D. C. Sports Kobe autographs over the years with the theory that the autographs, which Dan would claim came from a ballboy were not in Kobe's pen but of the "clubhouse" variety.

None of the autograph authentication companies will make a statement and you know that first hand that they do not get involved making statements about such matters.

Dan has ignored my questions about auction houses sending him jerseys for letters for years and years which constitutes 3rd party authentications and not jerseys from his inside sources. He clearly states in his all his letters before my discovery: "The above mentioned jersey shows accurate wear and was obtained by an impeccable source inside the NBA who has access to player before, during and after games."

He has ignored the following questions that I previously posted:

1. How much did you charge Ryan for the autograph and letter?

2. Did you personally witness Kobe autograph this jersey?

3. I didn't try to match it up, but I have been told the font on the back of the jersey doesn't match Kobe gamers. You are regarded as the expert - Can you confirm that the lettering font is an exact match to Kobe rookie gamers?

4. If you state it came from an impeccable source, is that source Ryan or Mark? I don't understand how you use that term but don't have a source from within The Los Angeles Lakers organization as another dealer/collector is the source that has access to players before, during and after games? This is very confusing. How many other Kobe jerseys have you written letters for using this expression believing someone telling you it came from an impeccable source?

He partially answered question #4 that Ryan and Mark is not his impeccable source. He has ignored the others.

Also I have also asked:

- You mention you have "contacts" on the team - Do multiple contacts with the Los Angeles Lakers sell you game used equipment? Not just a ball boy, there are several contacts who supply you with numerous Kobe Bryant jerseys every year plus other players jerseys?

- It seems very strange - This is the first time ever you have authenticated an item not from your "contacts" at The Los Angeles Lakers?

- Every other item for sale or privately owned with a D. C. Sports letter was obtained from your network?

- I find that impossible to believe as I have found most major auction houses send game used Lakers jersey for your letters. This can't be from your "network" as they take consignments, right? Please elaborate.

- I can't believe this is the first of all the items you authenticated outside of your "network" and you got caught making a major error? Why don't you also explain what your "network" is.

These are all unanswered questions from previous posts I have made. All cut and pasted highlighted questions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    First off - I received the following facts via email from a fellow forum member correcting me on my "Witch Hunt" comment earlier:

"It's a great post. One thing, though... it is actually THREE new members to pop up TODAY and use the term witch hunt!!! Here they are:

Post 89 by beachpetrol (only 9 posts to his name, member since August 2013): "I'm thinking your witchhunt with regards to his increase in the authentication fees is going to go nowhere."

Post 94 by net0@thehalf (only 3 posts to his name, member since August 2013): "Stop the witch hunt atmosphere and show some impartialness."

Post 105 by JRock75 (only 1 post to his name, member since October 2013): "However, you have now turned this into a "whichhunt" against Dan and DC Sports."
    I have hundreds of posts,, aye ,, a WITCH hunt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DConLA View Post
    I have answered your questions and it is obvious that you are an opportunist and are just using this situation to benefit your own personal agenda. Since you seem to be the expert on the amount of auction items that have been sold with my letters let me ask you some questions.

First off how do you know that the items the auction houses are offering were not obtained directly from me? Also how many of the auction items you have seen with my letters come from customers who bought directly from me?

As far as the Lakers signatures I acquire and PSA’s opinion of them, it is just that…their opinion. I have personally obtained over 400 hundred autographs from Kobe since he was a rookie up until around his second championship and in the beginning, PSA would authenticate all my Kobe signatures until they decided to stop, they told me that “we don’t have a problem with the quality it’s the quantity.” They simply don’t believe that I have that kind of access and that is their opinion. I have witnessed PSA authenticate Kobe autographs from dealers in LA that came from the same sources I get my Kobe autos from and they pass their items. but not mine so I have had to deal with this kind of shit since Kobe was a rookie and I am still here. All of my Lakers autographs come directly from the players and my customers know it.

DAN 323.257.4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com
    Dan, you have ignored all the questions in my post above that are highlighted. Let's be honest - I'm not the only one questioning your history but I'm the only one willing to take my time to make a public discussion of it.

I know you have enjoyed a long run but the Kobe rookie from Ryan raises a lot of questions and it is common knowledge from auction house executives past and present I have spoke with that if you do not approve a Los Angeles Lakers game used jersey they can't sell it as the buyers in this industry believe you dictate everything Los Angeles Lakers.

I can back off until later - I am waiting for a reply from someone with an inside interest in my questions and I can wait to hear from them more details.

Banned

[quote=trsent;337809]Wow - Everyone who has bought from Dan has come to his defense today. Second fairly new person to use the term "Witch Hunt" today.

So? what's the problem with people being given props to a great product delivered with superior customer service, professionalism and expert knowledge?? He has greatly benefited collectors in this hobby .. what is your agenda with Dan?,, did he do something that you "defined" as "wronged"? ... really what is your personal agenda? instead of ping ponging emails back in forth to him,, pick up the cell and call him,, he has his phone number right there. The dude has stated a mistake has been made,, once again in your own words (in past posts in threads concerning another co.).."mistakes happens".. or is that just a catch phrase you coined so as you can pick and choose whom this applies too?

Banned

I think most people acknowledge a mistake was made but would like to know how many ill-worded DC coas are floating around

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post

So? what's the problem with people being given props to a great product delivered with superior customer service, professionalism and expert knowledge?? He has greatly benefited collectors in this hobby .. what is your agenda with Dan?,, did he do something that you "defined" as "wronged"? ... really what is your personal agenda? instead of ping ponging emails back in forth to him,, pick up the cell and call him,, he has his phone number right there. The dude has stated a mistake has been made,, once again in your own words (in past posts in threads concerning another co.).."mistakes happens".. or is that just a catch phrase you coined so as you can pick and choose whom this applies too?
    I was thinking - I was the originator of the term "Witch Hunt" on these fine forums many, many years ago. So funny how the tide turns.

Banned

lol taking credit for another coined phrase

I'd be defensive and panicky too if I owned an expensive jersey with a DC COA.