Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

Based on information learned in this thread, Goldin Auctions has decided on its own to pull the following 3 jerseys from its October Legends auction:

Lot #986: Michael Cooper;
    Lot #1005: Kobe Bryant;
    Lot #1009: Kobe Bryant.

We are pulling them because they had been submitted to DC sports in the past 2 months for evaluation and, after reviewing this thread, we have decided 'boilerplate' and undated LOAs are not acceptable to us.

We are requesting DC Sports re-issue LOAs so they are dated and reflect it is an opinion letter unless obtained directly by them. DC has told me they believe the throwback Kobe jersey was indeed sourced by them, but we will send it back anyway and let them confirm that fact. We are also requesting the jerseys be thoroughly examined a second time prior to any re-issuance of LOA. We would like to see an immediate end to the 'boilerplate' or template LOA of DC sports to a more personalized LOA for the item that is examined.

Please note this is not a knock on DC Sports, but is being done based on the legitimate comment raised in this thread about 'boilerplate' LOAs. It is also of note that in our auctions we have withdrawn lots with certifications from leading authenticators when members of this forum have emailed me concerns or opinions that differ from the authenticators. If my investigation finds the member is correct, I will either edit the description or pull the item as appropriate. Everyone, even the best authenticators, can make a mistake and have something accidently fall thru the crack. The key is fixing that mistake when it occurs and taking steps to prevent a recurrence in the future
    Each of the TPAs I have worked with have been very responsive in dealing with any issue in the past and i expect that will continue.
    ken@goldinauctions.com

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post

We are pulling them because they had been submitted to DC sports in the past 2 months for evaluation and, after reviewing this thread, we have decided 'boilerplate' and undated LOAs are not acceptable to us.
    So DC Sports does authenticate for auction houses.

What bafffles me is how can DC Sports say in their LOA that it comes from an "impeccable source" if it is submitted by an auction house on behalf "Joe Shmoe" off the street.

I thank my lucky stars I never invested in Kobe Bryant jersey's as it would leave me scratching my head and pondering where it really came from and if it really is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Based on information learned in this thread, Goldin Auctions has decided on its own to pull the following 3 jerseys from its October Legends auction:

Lot #986: Michael Cooper;
    Lot #1005: Kobe Bryant;
    Lot #1009: Kobe Bryant.

We are requesting DC Sports re-issue LOAs so they are dated and reflect it is an opinion letter unless obtained directly by them. DC has told me they believe the throwback Kobe jersey was indeed sourced by them, but we will send it back anyway and let them confirm that fact. We are also requesting the jerseys be thoroughly examined a second time prior to any re-issuance of LOA. We would like to see an immediate end to the 'boilerplate' or template LOA of DC sports to a more personalized LOA for the item that is examined.

Please note this is not a knock on DC Sports, but is being done based on the legitimate comment raised in this thread about 'boilerplate' LOAs. It is also of note that in our auctions we have withdrawn lots with certifications from leading authenticators when members of this forum have emailed me concerns or opinions that differ from the authenticators. If my investigation finds the member is correct, I will either edit the description or pull the item as appropriate. Everyone, even the best authenticators, can make a mistake and have something accidently fall thru the crack. The key is fixing that mistake when it occurs and taking steps to prevent a recurrence in the future
    Each of the TPAs I have worked with have been very responsive in dealing with any issue in the past and i expect that will continue.
    ken@goldinauctions.com
    Kudos to Ken for being thorough and handling things in a professional manner. Not too many auction houses that would take this extra step once the auction is live in order to make sure they get things right.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

This thread has moved in a direction where people are speculating on matters and without a relevant basis to substantiate their statements. As such, we have deleted a number of posts and are locking the thread. However, if anyone has relevant information for the community they would like to share, please contact us and we will be happy to post the information if it is both germane and substantiated.

Thank You,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions