Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's See Some Recent Pickups!!!

This forum has been pretty dead as of late, but I know you guys are out there picking stuff up....so let's see it.

Here are a few items I've added to the collection recently...

c1890s Delphos Reds Cabinet Card...possibly a teammate of Zane Grey who played for the Reds in the same time period.

Legion Baseball Award Certificate signed by Kenesaw Mountain Landis

Here's an unusual blue stitch baseball by Worth...American Sandlot League. Haven't seen one of these before....my brother found it at an estate sale.

Re: Let's See Some Recent Pickups!!!

Thanks for starting something Dan and congrats on your finds. It's such a crazy time of year and everyone seems swamped. I havn't picked up much of note lately and passed on a few so so items at the last antique show I attended. I did acquire this Cubs pin off ebay and the Red Sox pieces via trade (thanks Greg).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey Mike!

Those pins sure look familiar. Thanks for making the trade. I really appreciate it. Glad to see you got that Oh You Cubs pin. I was watching that one myself. How funny it came up so soon afterwards.

As far as posting new stuff....

Wait to you see what I'm going to post in a couple of weeks (don't have them yet, but hopefully they'll be coming home soon) ....

Until then... hope to see more posts on here. I wish this site was as active as the card sites as this material is far more interesting than little pieces of cardboard.

Greg

I don't know why this site doesn't get more posts....people are obviously here and looking at this thread as it has 137 hits as of tonight. I actually enjoyed the memorabilia threads that used to be allowed over on Net 54. They got a lot more attention over there...too many card guys didn't like 'em though. You can still get away with them once in a while, but you have to be a regular poster in the card threads.

Here ya go.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Nice. Does that have the composite photos of the Chicago team on the back?

Sure does. I would love to find more of these.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Until I get a chance to post pics of the two gems that will be coming in soon, thought I would keep this thread going with a few of the tidbits I picked up over the last five months that I didn't show already. The postcard just came in today. Not a bad pickup for nine bucks (Jimmy Collins at the Huntington Avenue Grounds). The Program is from 1907, the Sheet Music from 1903-1904 from Robert Edwards and, of course, the fantastic pinback is from Mike! Thanks again, Mike, for making the trade. Most appreciated. I even picked up a card horribly stuck in some junkie plastic with a tacky sticker on it.

Did I mention we're Soxaholics here?

Greg

Hi Greg,

I'm eager to see what you are coming up with. Did you see the Nuf Ced pinback a few weeks ago? It was the perfect companion to your pin and went well under fair value.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180039138354

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

NO, I didn't see that!!!

In one way, I'm kind of glad. I just went totally over my "budget" (Ha, that's a funny term) for the two new pieces. I think you'll like seeing them but I don't want to jinx anything until the're home. Thank God my wife is a Sox fan, one is going over our bed.

Thanks Mike,
    Greg

Oh, by the way, there's another cubbies pin but in color on ebay just like the one you have. If you need the link I think I can find it.

Greg