Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ARod hit by pitch

Last night ARod was hit by Dempster the first time he came up.
    If it was intentional, and it clearly appeared it was, that is just wrong. A person can despise ARod, think he is a cheat, a disgrace to baseball,etc, but its not right to throw at him for that reason. People, including baseball players, may not like it but the players union agreed to a process in which a player can appeal his suspension and continue to play. People may not like it and wish ARod was gone, but that is the rule and people have to live with it. Demptster or Lackey or any player has the right to say anything they want about ARod, but not throw at him. If that sort of thing is allowed then pitchers could start throwing at people because they don't like their politics, their religion or lack of it. And virtually everyone who has seen the tape believes it was intentional. A major league pitcher doesn't throw a ball behind a hitter and then hit him a couple of pitches later when he isn't having that kind of control trouble with anyone else.

Re: ARod hit by pitch

What do you expect, it's the red Sox's. Probably the most classless organization and fans in the game and also probably the biggest hypocrites!

I love how they boo and yelled steroids for a-rod, yet they cheer for David Ortiz who is also a cheater and probably has cheated just as much. But no mlb looks the other way for Sox's players.

I have never heard or seen proof about David Ortiz. Lots of people flapping their gums and spewing out rumors but to this day David Ortiz himself cannot even get clarification.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bos...ing-2003-list/

I think every fan not just Red Sox fans in baseball have the right to jump on A-Rod. The guy is cancer to not only his teammates (totally showed last night when no one would even stick up for him after he was drilled by Dempster) but to major league baseball. He continually lies and cheats and is in complete denial. What kind of person is that to look up to.

As far as the other players who got banned. They deserve to be sitting at home. The only difference is that they "OWNED" there mistakes and accepted their suspensions. A-Rod will try and convince you of something that is not true. The proof is in the pudding.

In my opinion tf your a Yankees fan and an Alex Rodriguez fan you have every right to be pissed off.

Fans have "the right to get on him." Wouldn't have the right to throw stuff at him. I'm not defending what it seems he has done and he brought it on himself. The sad thing is, he could have been a star without PED's. Even if he hit 100 extra home runs with the aid of PED's, and it would be very doubtful they helped him to that extent, he would still have over 500 and be in the hall of fame. And for a guy who is regarded, often, as classless, he handled the situation last night with some class. Didn't charge the mound or even do a lot of mouthing and then hit a home run off Dempster next time up. I'll be interested to see if baseball gives Dempster a suspension for hitting him.

Banned

Cool Re: ARod hit by pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I have never heard or seen proof about David Ortiz. Lots of people flapping their gums and spewing out rumors but to this day David Ortiz himself cannot even get clarification.

I think every fan not just Red Sox fans in baseball have the right to jump on A-Rod. The guy is cancer to not only his teammates (totally showed last night when no one would even stick up for him after he was drilled by Dempster) but to major league baseball. He continually lies and cheats and is in complete denial. What kind of person is that to look up to.

As far as the other players who got banned. They deserve to be sitting at home. The only difference is that they "OWNED" there mistakes and accepted their suspensions. A-Rod will try and convince you of something that is not true. The proof is in the pudding.

In my opinion tf your a Yankees fan and an Alex Rodriguez fan you have every right to be pissed off.
    I wouldn't say "no one" stuck up for A-Roid. Yankees manager Joe Girardi argued to the point of being ejected, and continued to vent to reporters after the game. Part of Girardi's anger was directed because this is the second time since A-Roid returned that he has been hit by a pitch on the road and the home fans went on a cheering binge (Chicago, his first series back).

I'm not a fan of batters being intentionally plunked, but, given that A-Roid is currently battling Ryan Braun for the title of Most Hated Player In Baseball, he and Girardi have got to realize that there will be fans in almost any ballpark who, as long as A-Roid is not seriously injured, will show their delight at his getting hit.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post

Ortiz was on the same list of players who tested positive back in 2003. That's the same list arod was on. Oh yeah David said he'd get tot he bottom of how he failed. Funny how he hasn't tried in years to find out info about it. And more proof is look at him when he was a twin. Went from junk to allstar quickly.

I was really enjoying no post about Arod for a good long time now. Damn you Red Sox!!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

I have to say that I disagree with just about every word of the Opening Post. Arod absolutely DOES deserve to be thrown at. If it's acceptable (and to a majority of Baseball fans, I think it is) to plunk a guy for admiring a home run ball on his previous at-bat, or for rounding the bases too slowly when he's not even a catcher, or for "adding on" unnecessarily to a lop-sided score with a stolen base, or for breaking up a perfect game with a bunt hit...and about a hundred other things, it sometimes seems...tarnishing The Game's reputation by being a selfish, dishonest asshole should get you thrown at, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Ortiz was on the same list of players who tested positive back in 2003. That's the same list arod was on. Oh yeah David said he'd get tot he bottom of how he failed. Funny how he hasn't tried in years to find out info about it. And more proof is look at him when he was a twin. Went from junk to allstar quickly.
    If you look at Davids numbers before he left Minnesota you will see he was already hitting 20hrs and 75 ribs. Most players hit there prime around 27/28 with the occasional late bloomer like Ortiz.

To me, there is a huge difference between head hunting with an intent to injure a player, which I would never condone, and a good old fashioned bean ball that can send any number of messages. If Dempster just had to tell A Wad what he thinks of him, I guess point proven. And if the Yanks need to put one into the back of one of the Sox next time around, then so be it. The beanball has been around a long time, and so it should be.