Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: J.O. Sports?

Banned

Re: J.O. Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    Anabolicollege17 posting some of his opinions as facts?

C'mon, now...I don't believe it.
    True. All opinions...all opinions... Don't get panties in a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    True. All opinions...all opinions... Don't get panties in a bunch
    Ouch!! You got me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    Ouch!! You got me.

Banned

So they are in business if they are emailing people to buy stuff and I can't imagine any proof that the card companies pushed the FBI to investigate - I'm pretty sure the card companies don't want publicity about their past buying practices.

The statements made about this are not proper statements and shouldn't have been made - There is no proof or documented public history to support some of the statements made.

Speculation of facts is not good for anyone.

I'm with TR on this. Speculation is not good.

Maybe someone should just call Jarrod an ask WTF is up.
    Maybe he's got a new NFL contact, like someone else has stated they
    have an has yet to produce anything from it.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    The statements made about this are not proper statements and shouldn't have been made - There is no proof or documented public history to support some of the statements made.

Speculation of facts is not good for anyone.
    I think this is a good observation. In fact, the statements originally made appear to have been done as a statement of fact and not opinion. It was only clarified as an opinion once directly questioned.

I personally have no information of the situation. However, given the sensitive nature of this thread and consistent with the forum rules, this thread will remain open only if people can provide SUBSTANTIATED information. That is, you will need to provide the basis for any post here and that basis cannot be speculation. If not, the thread will be closed.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

They are a joke in my opinion. I have a pair of game worn Dan Carpenter pants with their hologram on it. The COA with it has TWO holograms on it. Both for a gameworn Raiders Richard Seymour jersey. I called them and said all i want is a correct COA and now they won't talk to me. Potentially I could make up a fake Seymour jersey and throw these holograms on it and sell them. Guess they are lucky I'm not that kind of person.

I have no love for this company and frankly would never purchase from them as I don't respect their "authenticity" even if an item is photomatched.

That being said, a jersey is either game used or it isn't. Nothing J.O. did made an item actually game worn or somehow changed it from being game worn.

What the shady dealings of it's owner did was devalue their opinion about the authenticity of an item.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshal13 View Post
    They are a joke in my opinion. I have a pair of game worn Dan Carpenter pants with their hologram on it. The COA with it has TWO holograms on it. Both for a gameworn Raiders Richard Seymour jersey. I called them and said all i want is a correct COA and now they won't talk to me. Potentially I could make up a fake Seymour jersey and throw these holograms on it and sell them. Guess they are lucky I'm not that kind of person.
    Same thing happened to me. They just decided it was time to cut off communication with me. They have done this to so many people its sad.

Trsent if you consider shady emails selling high end jerseys as being in business then heck I know 30 people who are in business. Emails mean nothing. If they were in business they would have listed there high end items on there web site. They know they are finished. I watched them win a Reggie Bush Dolphins jersey on NFL auctions last year, and bring it to there auction and set a reserve on it after claiming not to have a reserve. Then they shill bid on it about 12 times so it exceeded triple what they paid for it. They won the auction, and emailed me an hour later asking if I would pay with my last bid was. I politely asked what happened to the winner. They replied he didn't want the item. I asked why they contacted me so soon and didn't give him a chance to pay and they stopped communicating.

J.O sports does not operate honestly any more because they know they are done with a capitol D

Banned

They just wanted to liquidate all there old stock and get the heck outta this business/hobby so fastttt