Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Thank you for admitting that Biggio and Bags are steroid guys, I know a lot of people are in denial over those two.
    Alomar was probably the first guy who used and has been voted in. Gotta let them all in unless you tested positive after testing was implemented.

I have no doubts. My lone year of college ball in 97 opened my eyes to steroids in baseball. I would say 85% of us used. I know it was just college, JuCo at that, but steroids and PEDs trickle down from the top.

Make no mistake, you still have to have unbelievable talent. Just look at the steroid twins Jose and Ozzie Canseco. Ozzie couldn't hit a beachball if you pitched it to him.

I say let them all in. For the most part I believe the playing field was level. Whether it was Clemens pitching to Brady Anderson or Barry Bonds. You still have to see and hit.

Hell, you can get an edge by shopping at GNC. Then and now the players are taking something. PEDs, NO Xplode, Aminos, Pre-Workout drugs, etc. The players are all synthetic

I say enjoy the moments memories, and rarities of your collections. Stop the "dude" worship. They put their pants on just like you and me. Their pants are just more expensive

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hfd0035 View Post
    I say enjoy the moments memories, and rarities of your collections. Stop the "dude" worship. They put their pants on just like you and me. Their pants are just more expensive
    No there pants are just way bigger from tank like Quadriceps. Btw Puig is def a steroid user. I played college ball and I had a close Cuban player friend. He said all of Cuba juices by the age 17 to try to get a fast ticket out of poverty. D.R is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    No there pants are just way bigger from tank like Quadriceps. Btw Puig is def a steroid user. I played college ball and I had a close Cuban player friend. He said all of Cuba juices by the age 17 to try to get a fast ticket out of poverty. D.R is the same.
    No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    Nick I will be the first to sign a petition in regards to Braun personally writing you a check for 20,000$ the extra 5k for pain and suffering of course

Seriously though, Braun should see this and contact you. Its one step towards him becoming a decent human being.
    X a million!!!

Nick , don't sweat it. You have a great house and great family. You take care of them and have the hobby that we all here enjoy. Don't let people bring you down.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    Nick , don't sweat it. You have a great house and great family. You take care of them and have the hobby that we all here enjoy. Don't let people bring you down.

-Tony
    I think your family was the highlight of the news story - not the collection.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by happyyoungster View Post
    Just for the record: I didn't do this story looking for sympathy. We all make investments that fall flat...I did it because my family and I are disappointed in a player we so highly regarded as authentic. Nothing more.

Lastly, I don't need to hear everyone's opinions about foolish spending, false hope, how I should have spent my $$$ on my kids instead, yada-yada-yada...
    Nick, I think you got fleeced. You backed a guy on a team you support who had great success. He was an MVP. He was an All Star. Not since Robin Yount could you back such a seemingly epic Brewer.

These recent developments contradict the character of the player you collected. If people give you grief, ignore them. How easy it is to chastise a fan of fallen star who last year was our hero.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hfd0035 View Post
    I have no doubts. My lone year of college ball in 97 opened my eyes to steroids in baseball. I would say 85% of us used. I know it was just college, JuCo at that, but steroids and PEDs trickle down from the top.

Make no mistake, you still have to have unbelievable talent. Just look at the steroid twins Jose and Ozzie Canseco. Ozzie couldn't hit a beachball if you pitched it to him.

I say let them all in. For the most part I believe the playing field was level. Whether it was Clemens pitching to Brady Anderson or Barry Bonds. You still have to see and hit.

Hell, you can get an edge by shopping at GNC. Then and now the players are taking something. PEDs, NO Xplode, Aminos, Pre-Workout drugs, etc. The players are all synthetic

Yep exactly, I played college ball during the steroid boom ('00-'04), these guys have all, at the minimum, tried it during the offseason.

Ahh... Misery loves company!

I too was "all in" on Braun... the weird thing is that he seemed "all in" on Milwaukee. The story is just weird!

Nick you have an awesome collection. You have the crown jewel of all Braun gamers (NLCS game 6) - I wouldn't sell it either.
    As for all the comments left - I never understood why people need to comment on what another person buys - it's not like you are sending a portion of the bill to them.

This is my first post on GUU. I have been watching from a far. Just wanted to say I have enjoyed looking at everyone's collections. Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Longroad4 View Post

Ahh... Misery loves company!

I too was "all in" on Braun... the weird thing is that he seemed "all in" on Milwaukee. The story is just weird!

Nick you have an awesome collection. You have the crown jewel of all Braun gamers (NLCS game 6) - I wouldn't sell it either.
    As for all the comments left - I never understood why people need to comment on what another person buys - it's not like you are sending a portion of the bill to them.

This is my first post on GUU. I have been watching from a far. Just wanted to say I have enjoyed looking at everyone's collections. Great stuff!
    Welcome! Very nice collection of gamers.