Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Joey Votto Player Collection

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post
    Isn't this the same pair of cleats available from eBay member rdeversole today for sale that GUU member rdeversole showed off on this very thread as a "highlight" of his collection this week?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Joey-Vo.../271216465380?

What a "collection".... What a "collector"...
    Why do you keep hating on JDEVERSOLE? You mention that this WAS an enjoyable thread. Who says it still isn't? Just because you don't agree with something he is doing doesn't mean everyone feels that way. He isn't breaking any forum rules. Leave the guy be. As another member said, maybe he wants to keep the cash flowing so he can get something else he wants. Either way, you look bad for posting about him. Then to do it twice or more makes it look like you're stirring the pot.

I'd like to commend JDEVERSOLE for NOT responding to the negativity and not getting involved in the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    Why do you keep hating on RDEVERSOLE?
    Hating is the wrong word. Where Eversole and Eversole's ways are present, I simply try not to be there. So I guess I can only say he ruined this thread as a place for me to share my own Votto collecting.

To answer your question more generally... when I first met Eversole he convinced me to doubt the negative things I'd heard from others about him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and learned over time the reason that Ryan was so convincing is that he believes himself that what he says is true irregardless as to whether his statements are 0 % true or 5% true.

Is it breaking a GUU rule to show off your collection in a highlights thread and then list it for sale very, very shortly thereafter? Well... is it in keeping with the spirit of our fine forum? I don't think so.

I apologize that my own outspoken nature regarding certain folks and certain practices are not to your liking.

In the interest of actually keeping this thread on track...

Here's a couple of key pieces I recently acquired for my Joey Votto player collection.

2013 Helmet - Used Opening Day through May 17

2010 Fielding Glove - from MVP season - Thanks to Tim for offering this to me and the smooth transaction that followed.

- CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

One of these days I will get a Bruce glove of my own....Ha! Great Votto additions.

Happy to have added this recently...2013 GU Team Canada Batting Helmet. Really wanted to add a "new style" Reds batting helmet to the PC, but after seeing what the 2013 Reds helmet of Joey's sold for I decided to add this one on the "cheap".
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Another WBC addition this week! GU / inscribed hat authenticated to game versus USA

rdeversole, your Votto collection is exceptional and displayed with class!
    Excellent thread!

Another small addition to Votto PC, pair of 2007 Nike GU cleats from Just Minors.