Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: current players signing

some of the problem with the home town team is that they get tired of seeing the same exact people every day and signing graphs for them.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    some of the problem with the home town team is that they get tired of seeing the same exact people every day and signing graphs for them.
    I agree with this to a point, but here in Denver, it's been the same fans that have been outside through all the crappy seasons like last year and if they know that they see the same people then they should also know that we are some of their biggest supporters win or lose.

trust me, being and A's fan I completely agree with you but I think the thought process is how many autographs do you really need of a person? Some of the regulars are just there during BP to score graphs and then leave so they can sell them.

I used to be guilty of the graph hoarding (have somewhere between 80 and 100 Giambi autographs) but never sold one. I would never sell an autograph that I scored IP unless I was tight on money and then I would be selling my entire collection. Graphs I pull from packs of cards I have no attachement too and would sell in a heartbeat though.

Question Re: current players signing

Quote Originally Posted by coletrain98 View Post
    at mariner games almost the whole team signs autographs and most of the ushers are not strict at all (you can stay there right until the game starts down the first base line and in the bullpen.) and at minor league games at tacoma and everett you can share the same parking lot as the players
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never seen more than a few players signing autographs at M's games. And when I attend, my seats are typically in the first few rows above the Mariners' dugout. I've gotten Michael Saunders, Brendan Ryan, Tom Wilhelmsen, etc. But I never have gotten a player with a lot of hype surrounding him to sign in the Safeco stadium. Any advice or suggestions? How early do you get there?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by toddhead View Post
    You were kidding here, right? I know I would be upset if I paid for front row tickets and couldn't get to them.
    There is plenty of room for people in the first few rows and the autograph seekers. At least there is at Safeco Field. I often sit in the first several rows, and never once have I had any issues with someone looking to get something signed. However, I cannot speak for other stadiums, as I have limited experience at both Minute Maid Park and Chase Field, and I don't go to other towns to watch baseball games. Especially now since the Astros are in the AL.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

KC Royals have become mediocre about signing inside. Even as bad as they have been losing a ton lately.

I have had really good luck with the visitors. In just the last 2 weeks, I've gotten Rivera twice and Trout twice. I go inside early though. They have an early bird special and for $10, you can go in a full hour and a half before they let anyone else in the seating area.