Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Can't wait til Christmas!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Are the metal posts in bases removeable?
    I'm wondering the same exact thing, because I am about to purchase one from Bob M @ Steiner... I would have thought 'yes' because they sell game used base wall displays, but I don't what it takes to remove the post (could be as simple as a couple of screws but I haven't seen one in person before).

Does anyone have a game used base, complete with post, in their collection? If so, do you know this info first hand?

Hi-
    ...I have 2 game used bases and just checked them out.There are no screws on the post.The post is surrounded by a metal square which looks like it's actually spot-welded to the base (once on each side of the square).It looks like you'd have to slip a crowbar under the square/post and just pry it off.Hope this helps...

Joe

I have 2 from the Cleveland Indians..will try and post pic..base posts are welded on..Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The post is attached to a metal plate covering the undersurface of the base. By removing the screws securing the metal ribbon to the base the post can be taken out
    pjb

WOW!! I was talking to my brother tonight and he told me that he bought my other present (not the one in the box) from someone who originally got it from a company called Coast To Coast Sports and that their original price was $1399!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been this anxious before for anything!

Banned

I have a handful of Astros bases and the posts are removable. Just unscrew/unbolt the 12 screws/bolts and then the thin metal pieces come off. Then, just pull the wntire metal plate off. I remove the posts on a couple of mine to mount inside coffee tables in a sports remove, and then covered with glass. You can always put the plate back on at a future date if you like.

My Game Used Base is sitting on my floor in front of my display case.I don't know what else to do with it.I to would like to hear what you get for Christmas.Geoff

mosapie

hey fellas, thought I'd add a few words. Purchased a GU base from the 2001 ALCS recently. No metal post on it; presumably removed by MLB or Safeco Field? Made by Hollywood bases. I'd post pictures, but my desktop crashed, so I'm on my son's laptop. This picture will have to do! Could that be the one?
    p.

well what did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    well what did you get?

Even though I've always opened presents at midnight, this year is kinda different. My parents are in Tennessee and they'll be coming back around 6 or 7 tonight, which is when we are all opening presents. So as soon as I open them I'll let everyone know what I got