Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Wearing Game Used Items?

I'll probably get yelled at, but thought I would ask. Would anyone wear an actual game used/game issued jersey?

Some game used/ game issued jerseys are cheaper to buy than retail ones... I'm thinking about it but is it a taboo and hugely frowned upon?

Re: Wearing Game Used Items?

I would definitely wear mine. It has to be washed though and not autographed! But I have no problem seeing people wear game issued and/or game worn.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=23019

Huge thread on this... read it today actually.

I wore my Kirk Muller gu jersey to Devils games for years.

I have never worn them out of my house

But when I got my Chipper Jones game used Spring training/ batting practice jersey direct from the Braves I put it on.

I tried on my chipper jones game used batting glove

I also have swung my Chipper Jones game used bat in the house imitating his swing but never hit anything with it.

Mostly my baseball gamers. Since I buy no-name players jerseys and get them for 50-100 bucks, I wear them all the time. They are clean with no stains or anything. Other ones, like my football gamers, most don't fit, and the ones that do, I wear sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by timb69 View Post
    Mostly my baseball gamers. Since I buy no-name players jerseys and get them for 50-100 bucks, I wear them all the time. They are clean with no stains or anything. Other ones, like my football gamers, most don't fit, and the ones that do, I wear sparingly.
    I do the same thing. I buy no mane jerseys to wear for around $100, cheaper then buying retail. Then there are jerseys I buy to collect that I don't wear.

Banned

Cool Re: Wearing Game Used Items?

I wear any of mine that fit (common baseball)...as long as it isn't damaged from personal wear it makes no difference to me if someone else wore theirs...some collectors, however, would rather have their index finger amputated than to own a GU jersey worn afer the fact by a fan or collector. To each their own, but that type of approach seems overly fussy to me, IMHO.

Dave Miedema

I just wore an issued 2010 Yankees yesterday, actually..

I used to try everything on. I got my first game used jersey in 1978, when I was in the 9th grade. It was an old Oakland A's jersey that had been sent down to Tucson (and still had the Toro on it). Anyhow, I wanted to wear it to school, but my Mom politely pointed out that I looked ridiculous in it.

I don't feel the need to try them on now, but I don't care what other people do. Many older jerseys went down to the minors after the major leaguers finished with them, and in any case they've been washed by the teams many times. Just my opinion.