Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Milwaukee Braves / Hank Aaron batting helmet question

I can tell you from years of experience, the "Jim" letter will not be a factor here. It just kinda is what it is. A good start would be to keep looking for a photo match, or at least a style match that shows these stenciled white numerals were ever worn on Milwaukee helmets.

You can return the helmet if you're not comfortable (Ebay does allow you to, regardless of what the seller says), but you'll have to do it in a reasonable timeframe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

First off, THANK YOU to all of the people taking part in this thread. All of your comments are greatly appreciated.

I just received the helmet today, and the ABC sticker, in fact, is not correct. I have a mid-late '50s helmet which doesn't have a zip code for the ABC company (since this was before zip codes were invented) and a late '60s helmet with the ABC sticker showing zip code and a pattent number that was issued in 1965.

The ABC sticker in the Hank Aaron helmet conveniently has the bottom portion of the sticker removed (where the zip code would or would not be given), and the pattent numbers are scratched out/marked over by black marker. This sticker is most definately a later '60s sticker, if not later. Darn those fuzzy pictures on eBay!

I've contacted the seller and am asking for a refund. If I don't hear from the seller within 24 hours, I'll go through eBay's resolution center.

Again, thank you all!

Mel

that is a 60's helmet. a friend has a helmet from the 60's and the sticker is identical.
    Name:  helmet.JPG
Views: 858
Size:  175.6 KB

Just to wrap this up...

someone was kind enough to send me a link to an eBay auction that this seller won about 6 weeks ago. It is the exact same helmet, but was all blue, and the sticker not tampered with. Identical padding creases, paint marks on the inside. Exact same helmet. He then obviously modified it to make it look like a Milwaukee Brewers helmet and put it up as a Hank Aaron helmet.

Seller says he will refund my money.

Thanks to all who helped out.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by dwight24 View Post
    Just to wrap this up...

someone was kind enough to send me a link to an eBay auction that this seller won about 6 weeks ago. It is the exact same helmet, but was all blue, and the sticker not tampered with. Identical padding creases, paint marks on the inside. Exact same helmet. He then obviously modified it to make it look like a Milwaukee Brewers helmet and put it up as a Hank Aaron helmet.

Seller says he will refund my money.

Thanks to all who helped out.

Mel
    what is the link mel? i'd like to see it.

Here is the link to the auction that includes the helmet I now have.

I'm also adding an inside pic of my helmet so you can compare it with the inside pic from the eBay auction. Exact match.

Mel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151002869869...#ht_559wt_1228
    Attached Images Attached Images  

so even though the helmet is fake, you are going to keep it?

Pretty sure he's returning it based on the seller is going to refund his money. I'd report this to the police or maybe even FBI. This guy deserves to be in jail.

As part of the process to get my money back through eBay, the first step is to return the helmet.

Spred the word. Don't buy any Milwaukee Braves/Aaron helmets any time soon.

Please consider keeping screen shots of everything and contact the FBI office in Chicago with what happened. They are the ones that have been targeted sellers of phony memorabilia. He has left a trail now that could close him up for good....

Dave