Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

This makes me ill.

Person selling Unique Sports certificates on e-bay for Griffey items . . . without the items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ken-Griffey-...item2ec78ad3fc

I guess this rules out ever buying a 1994 jersey for me now. Also has certificates for a belt, jacket and hat.

Re: This makes me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan View Post
    Person selling Unique Sports certificates on e-bay for Griffey items . . . without the items.

I guess this rules out ever buying a 1994 jersey for me now. Also has certificates for a belt, jacket and hat.
    I love how he gives a suggestion for its "ideal use"!!!

Something tells me somebody will find other uses for these certificates. I'm tempted to buy them to simply destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan View Post

In description,
    I obtained these COAs directly from Jeff Johnson, owner of Coast to Coast around 2000, after Griffey was traded to the Reds. Jeff said the items were sold at auction and the auction house did not want them.

I got to believe his statement is true that Auction houses replaced their own COA from a third party authenticator or their own auction house COA. I don't know why people think this is better than the original COA from Coast to Coast but the third party COA has less cloat than the Coast to Coast Certificate. I have seen numerous items that have "lost" or replaced the dealer COA even if the new COA is authenticating the item several years in the past. Shouldn't these original COA still stay with the GU items even if it passes PSA/DNA to show a chain of ownership?

People will pay more for an autograph baseball with a PSA/DNA certificate than they would for the same autograph baseball with a Coast to Coast COA. Someone please explain why this is the practice. I know the system back then without any one to one correspondance between COA and its GU item could cause problems.

I also see this practice of replacing an old (player dealer)COA as creating more GU items in the future as I assume someone will try to pass this COA off with their own GU Griffey item. It is a possibility. Save them images of the COA. We may see them again unfortunately.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    In description,
    I obtained these COAs directly from Jeff Johnson, owner of Coast to Coast around 2000, after Griffey was traded to the Reds. Jeff said the items were sold at auction and the auction house did not want them.

I got to believe his statement is true that Auction houses replaced their own COA from a third party authenticator or their own auction house COA. I don't know why people think this is better than the original COA from Coast to Coast but the third party COA has less cloat than the Coast to Coast Certificate. I have seen numerous items that have "lost" or replaced the dealer COA even if the new COA is authenticating the item several years in the past. Shouldn't these original COA still stay with the GU items even if it passes PSA/DNA to show a chain of ownership?

People will pay more for an autograph baseball with a PSA/DNA certificate than they would for the same autograph baseball with a Coast to Coast COA. Someone please explain why this is the practice. I know the system back then without any one to one correspondance between COA and its GU item could cause problems.

I also see this practice of replacing an old (player dealer)COA as creating more GU items in the future as I assume someone will try to pass this COA off with their own GU Griffey item. It is a possibility. Save them images of the COA. We may see them again unfortunately.
    meant more cloat
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

UNREAL situation.
    I want everyone to know I am currently the high bidder and will be sure I win the lot.
    I will then post a link to a you tube video where I cut the cert in half to save the griffey sig and ruin the cert.
    so please do not run up my price.
    A comment on this situation will be...THERE IS ZERO SHOT...ZERO SHOT THAT ANY AUCTION HOUSE WOULD NOT WANT A LOA SIGNED BY GRIFFEY AND PREFER TO USE 'THEIR HOUSE LOA'.
    unreal

The signatures are always good, especially because they are on these COAs. Cutting them out removes the provenance. Can the GU items be blacked out to keep the cert together? Just a thought.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Banned

According to eBay guidelines, these cannot be sold on eBay:

<LI class=unorderedList>COAs and LOAs as stand-alone items

Are listed as not allowed on eBay on the following page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/autographs.html

You have to click on the list titled:

Certificates of Authenticity (COAs) and Letters of Authenticity (LOAs)

The seller should just cut the Ken Griffey, Jr. Autographs and slab them or something like that. They are really cool vintage autographs.

Thanks, Ken. I like your solution.

I am not a big EBAY user, but i see it is against their policy for this to even be listed.
    hopefully someone can have them take this down.
    I sent one of those online 'report item' forms and hopefully everyone who reads this does the same.
    if anyone has contact with EBAY please email or call them
    this just is begging for fraud to be committed.