Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Everything Cap Related

Hi Everyone.......here is a new thread dealing with game used cap collecting. Post questions, show pics, and let's get more educated concerning cap companies, labeling, player ID, cap sizes, etc. I would like to pose a question.......has anyone ever seen any team other than the Baltimore Orioles (1975-1977) use caps made by AJD company?

Thanks,

-Walt

Tallyman77

Re: Everything Cap Related

Does anyone have any vintage baseball caps made by RAWLINGS?

Thanks,

-Walt

Tallyman77

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I found a blog on caps where I found information about New Era labels, and maybe you will find something useful as well.

http://ballcapblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks Esigs.......yes I know about that and it is a great source of information to say the least. I would like to hear from collectors who have interest in cap collecting and who have rare or unusual examples in their collections......especially from cap companies like Wilson, Rawlings, KM Pro, AJD, Leslie, etc. Let's see what is out there guys. Thanks!

-Walt

Tallyman77

Walt -

One thing I can tell you is that in prior research (and I believe I kept the file - I just have to find it) I discovered that by sometime in the 60's, New Era was actually making the hats for pretty much everyone (including Wilson and McAuliffe) and doing 'Private Labeling' for them.

Also, KM Pro, McAuliffe and Leslie were all one company (same address in Boston) making caps under different names.

I have a few NOS (New Old Stock) KM Pro hats that still have the cardboard inserts in them as well as a Leslie that still has the insert.

I'll post some pics of the inserts later as well as try to find the New Era info I mentioned.

- Smitty

Thanks Smitty for the information. You did exactly what I am looking for from collectors......to chime in and get this cap related thread moving. I am still looking for owners of AJD and Rawlings caps to come forward......not alot of information is available on these companies.

-Walt

Tallyman

Walt -

I have one hat in particular that I am trying to figure out.

It is a 1944-45 St Louis Browns (Cream w/ Brown Bill and Brown Piping and no logo), but I know it isn't from 1944-45 because of the New Era tag.

The problem is that as far as I can find, New Era never recreated this hat for the Cooperstown Collection.

The working theory (that other collector's got me looking at) is that the hat is from the 1964 Game between St Louis Cardinals and the (I believe Baltimore Orioles) celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the only StL vs StL World Series and they wore recreation (throwback uniforms) of the 1944 teams.

I'll get pictures of it and it's tagging up later as well.

- Smitty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Walt -

I have one hat in particular that I am trying to figure out.

It is a 1944-45 St Louis Browns (Cream w/ Brown Bill and Brown Piping and no logo), but I know it isn't from 1944-45 because of the New Era tag.

The problem is that as far as I can find, New Era never recreated this hat for the Cooperstown Collection.

The working theory (that other collector's got me looking at) is that the hat is from the 1964 Game between St Louis Cardinals and the (I believe Baltimore Orioles) celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the only StL vs StL World Series and they wore recreation (throwback uniforms) of the 1944 teams.

I'll get pictures of it and it's tagging up later as well.

- Smitty
    Smitty:

The game was an Old-Timers event for the anniversary you described that pitted living members of the '44 Cardinals against living members of the '44 Browns.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Smitty:

The game was an Old-Timers event for the anniversary you described that pitted living members of the '44 Cardinals against living members of the '44 Browns.

Dave Miedema
    Dave -

Thanks for the heads up. What I posted was information someone else had given me.

- Smitty

Okay, here's pics of the Leslie Hat:

Name:  Leslie Cap 1.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  167.3 KB
    Name:  Leslie Cap 2.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  192.8 KB
    Name:  Leslie Cap 3.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  126.6 KB