Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

SBIII Jets Helmet??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Jet...item1e781f2bd1

I am far from an expert on helmets. Looking to educate myself, not even interested in buying it. Here goes:

Seems to be in too good of condition. Didn't most AFL teams use the heck out of there equipment?

Re: SBIII Jets Helmet??

I would love to know what I am doing with regards to helmets but alas I know virtually nothing about them. I've almost made some really bad deals and I've also been lucky to get what seem to be some legit items. This one just doesn't have evidence of use though in my opinion. The decals and stripes seem pristine. I have no idea if it's a game-ready, a reproduction, a restoration, a forgery, or an actual game-used helmet. But a helmet used in Super Bowl III presumably would have been used the entire season and I cannot imagine one surviving an entire season in seemingly perfect condition. Again I'm only expressing my opinion from the photos and I haven't asked for any additional information. But I would not be interested in this one.

Re: SBIII Jets Helmet??

i have seen this up there for a while and always wondered and wanted to know more about it.