Hello Everyone,

I am aware that recently some of you have gotten acquainted with Ken Goldin, the CEO of Goldin Auctions, through the forum. I have also noticed through member posts that a number of you have been extremely impressed with the way he is running his auctions and the care he is taking to make sure everything is being done to the highest standards. Personally, I have gotten to know Ken quite well over the past four or five months and have been equally impressed with how he operates his company. I have seen Ken’s interest in consistently wanting to do the right thing for the hobby as well as his appreciation for collectors.

With that said, I wanted to let everyone know that Goldin Auctions has just agreed to be a sponsor of Game Used Universe. As part of that arrangement, you will be seeing some banner ads on the site for Goldin Auctions in the near future. Additionally, Ken has agreed to give a $25 gift certificate to everyone enrolled on Game Used Universe that can be redeemed in any Goldin Auction through 3/31/2014, including the one that is now live. Please note that the certificate will need to be mailed to your physical mailing address since managing an online certificate is a bit complicated. Therefore, if you are a registered member and do not have your mailing address in your profile, please make sure to update it to include your mailing address. If you have yet to enroll on the site, you will need to register with your mailing address to receive the certificate.

In addition, I also wanted to mention that I have been so impressed with Ken and the way he runs his auctions that I have decided to accept a position as a Consignment Director with Goldin Auctions. Please note there are very few people I would work for and Ken is one of them. As such, if anyone is interested in consigning anything to Goldin Auctions, please feel free to contact me at chris@goldinauctions.com. I will be happy to provide you with additional information about the auction, answer any questions you might have and I would consider it an honor to help represent your items in auction.

Lastly, I wanted to let everyone know I will still be involved in the administration of Game Used Universe as it remains as to me, like it does for you, an important asset for the collecting community. Along those lines, we are also beginning to add quite a few new members and anticipate adding quite a few more in the near future. Importantly, the current moderators have been doing an unbelievable job on the site but they have been serving way beyond the term the initially volunteered to help. Therefore, while they will be welcome to continuing serving as moderators if they like, we will be looking for additional moderators to help monitor the site as well. If you think you might be interested in helping to moderate GUU, please email me and we will get back to everyone after deciding who we would like to help. Please note this a volunteer position but I trust everyone will agree it is worth it to keep the site running in a positive environment.

Thanks for taking the time to read this announcement and I look forward to a great future for Game Used Universe.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier