Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Coolest bat I've seen

Anyone else out there have any examples of this model? Handmade in NY in the late 90's. Made for Clayton, Lankford, Jordan and Ozzie too. Would love to see more.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Coolest bat I've seen

Stick by stan used to have a kiosk for lack of a better word in
    the old Veterens Stadium....fans could have custom bats made for themselves to whatever specs they wanted...

At the time, he was making bats for Rolen, if im not mistaken, however, i dont remember him selling the 'home run after home run label'

I thought the idea was really cool too, and the bats were fantastic, different sizes, colors, fonts....the phils were terrible though...

Quote Originally Posted by apfriz View Post
    Stick by stan used to have a kiosk for lack of a better word in
    the old Veterens Stadium....fans could have custom bats made for themselves to whatever specs they wanted...

At the time, he was making bats for Rolen, if im not mistaken, however, i dont remember him selling the 'home run after home run label'

I thought the idea was really cool too, and the bats were fantastic, different sizes, colors, fonts....the phils were terrible though...
    I read an article about it and, yes, Rolen was on the list too. He talked about the kiosk and was then charging $30 per bat. Seems cheap by today's standards, but this article was in 97. Would love to see some others if anyone has any!

I have a Tony Gwynn bat.

There's one on eBay... 190803168301.. And TJ, if you think you'd like to part with that Gwynn please shoot me an email.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Here is another "Stick By Stan" bat. Garrett Stephenson--St Louis Cardinals 1999-2000,02,03. No manufacture stamping on the knob, just players uniform number in black sharpie.

I haven't been around here in...forever, but that is some cool wood. I've got enough of the late 90's Cards bats, but I'd make room for a Stick by Stan from Jordan, Gant or Lankford.

I remember seeing one about 5 years ago locally, and I have not seen one since in STL.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    I haven't been around here in...forever, but that is some cool wood. I've got enough of the late 90's Cards bats, but I'd make room for a Stick by Stan from Jordan, Gant or Lankford.

I remember seeing one about 5 years ago locally, and I have not seen one since in STL.
    Bigtruck I've got the Jordan listed in the classifieds if you are interested. E-mail me at Lakeside62401@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by woodbat View Post
    Here is another "Stick By Stan" bat. Garrett Stephenson--St Louis Cardinals 1999-2000,02,03. No manufacture stamping on the knob, just players uniform number in black sharpie.
    That looks like its been stamped in. I think my Jordan is hand engraved.