Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Game Used Collecting Makes The Tabloids in Dispute over Kobe Bryant Items

Sad situation. If a settlement doesn't unwind this situation, the court is likely to determine legal rights to sell the items accurately belonged to Kobe's mother... and that Goldin now holds the cards.

I'm curious whether Kobe's mom just sprung this idea out of nowhere or whether she first asked him for money. Someone else's wealth can have a sad affect on family dynamics... and in this case a mom's character.

Will be interesting to see how all of this does play out. I know Ken can't comment about the situation, but I appreciate him coming on here at least to acknowledge this.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Here's a question that I have: If you are a true fan of Kobe Bryant, would you actually want to buy any of this stuff? As a big time Mark Brunell fan, I can say that I would feel awfully odd buying something of his that he did not want to sell in the first place. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    Here's a question that I have: If you are a true fan of Kobe Bryant, would you actually want to buy any of this stuff? As a big time Mark Brunell fan, I can say that I would feel awfully odd buying something of his that he did not want to sell in the first place. But that's just me.
    My thoughts exactly. It is possible for this to negatively impact the sale of these items. On another hand this is also a lot more free publicity for the items as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It is possible for this to negatively impact the sale of these items. On another hand this is also a lot more free publicity for the items as well...
    I guess it is possible but I don't see how. Kobe collectors are gonna shell out HUGE cash for these items. Kenny's gotta be loving this free advertising! I truly hope it works out for you Ken. You're a class act and deserve it!

Peace!

John

In the immortal words of Don West from the Shop at Home Network "Ohhhhh man! Who's gottem folks??? You're never going to see these again..."

Man I used to love Don and Eddie!!! I remember hearing Ken call in a few times on that show. Classic!

Sorry to hijack the thread...back to the Kobe talk!

Peace!

John

This is an ugly situation. Kobe hasn't lived in the that house for over 15 years. He abandoned the property. It seems like the mother would have the right to sell the items with or without Kobe's permission.

Banned

I don't know about you guys, but if I was making over 100 million a year I'd be sure my parents didn't have a need to sell my childhood belongings.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but if I was making over 100 million a year I'd be sure my parents didn't have a need to sell my childhood belongings.
    That is so true, it just doesn't make sense. There must be more to the story that we don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]