Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

Lee Roy Selmon Tampa Bay RC Helmet - American Mem.

I've searched for images with examples of the numbers on the back without any luck. Could that have been a preseason deal? I was able to style match the face mask.

Any thoughts on this helmet and does being from the "Marinovich" collection really carry any weight as to its legitimacy?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...+ASC&offset=30

Re: Lee Roy Selmon Tampa Bay RC Helmet - American Mem.

Player LOA's have been discredited more often lately. If it were something I were interested in and couldn't find a photo match or even a style match, a letter from a player would hold little water.

This isn't to say the helmet is a knockoff or 100% authentic, but a letter from someone, anyone, player or not is worth the price of a piece of paper.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

That was kind of what I was thinking on the Marinovich part. I wouldn't mind having the helmet but I'm going more assurance as to its validity than what they have provided.

Any Bucs experts or image savy people know of Tampa Bay wearing number decals on the back of their helmets as described/shown in the auction?

I have every bucs team highlight video from 1976-2005 on dvd, so i have footage from every NFL season Selmon played. I would have to go and look through everything in details, but jsut froma 2-3 minute glance all looks good.

I do have the original Buccaneers equipment mangers contact information as well and I get his thoughts for you...

That would be great! Would love to have the helmet if everything checked out right. Let me know.....Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    I have every bucs team highlight video from 1976-2005 on dvd, so i have footage from every NFL season Selmon played. I would have to go and look through everything in details, but jsut froma 2-3 minute glance all looks good.

I do have the original Buccaneers equipment mangers contact information as well and I get his thoughts for you...