Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Bloody Sock up for bids

AP carried a story today that Heritage Auctions, in their Februaruy edition, will be auctioning the infamous Curt Schilling World Series bloody sock. The sock was consigned by Schilling after having loaned it to the Baseball Hall of Fame for several years.

Dave Miedema

Mr. Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    AP carried a story today that Heritage Auctions, in their Februaruy edition, will be auctioning the infamous Curt Schilling World Series bloody sock. The sock was consigned by Schilling after having loaned it to the Baseball Hall of Fame for several years.

Dave Miedema
    Hello Dave,
    Do you still use this sox83cubs84@hotmail.com email address? I sent you an email but I wasn't sure if that address was still current. Hope you're doing well.
    Dan
    dannysqd@comcast.net

Re: Bloody Sock up for bids

John Henry should win it and put it in Fenway for Sox fans to enjoy. I saw it at the HOF and while it's not a bat or jersey from the WS, it is one of the most iconic pieces of Boston history.

I know we are all collectors of game worn items but shouldn't there be certain items that just find their way into publicly accessible museums?
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    John Henry should win it and put it in Fenway for Sox fans to enjoy. I saw it at the HOF and while it's not a bat or jersey from the WS, it is one of the most iconic pieces of Boston history.

I know we are all collectors of game worn items but shouldn't there be certain items that just find their way into publicly accessible museums?
    X2

Banned

Exclamation Re: Mr. Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    Hello Dave,
    Do you still use this sox83cubs84@hotmail.com email address? I sent you an email but I wasn't sure if that address was still current. Hope you're doing well.
    Dan
    dannysqd@comcast.net
    I still use it, Dan.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post

+1 completely agree

If I had the money I'd buy it and test it for steroids. Also you know there were two bloody socks, one from the ALCS and World series. This one is from the world series! I think if the ALCS one was around it would sell for more because it was hyped up more about him pitching and bleeding.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if they added blood to the sock back then to make it look like a bigger then it was. Can't wait to see what it sells for.

Should be interesting! I read that the ALCS sock was thrown away. Too bad, could have potentially doubled the proceeds back to the bankruptcy estate.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubbs73 View Post
    Should be interesting! I read that the ALCS sock was thrown away. Too bad, could have potentially doubled the proceeds back to the bankruptcy estate.
    Yea, in the trash. I cannot believe no one grabbed that. I mean, 2004 isn't 2012, but it's not exactly the 80's either. after the McGwire HR chase it was pretty clear everything was worth preserving. Even if the HOF rep didn't grab it, it would seem someone would have. All the circumstances surrounding that were massive. The alcs sock, to me, is the real bloody sock. As a lifelong sox fan when I hear 'Bloody Sock,' I think Yankee stadium. Not the WS.