Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Tom Brady GU jersey in NFL auction, $17,000 so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lhaso View Post
    I'm assuming the Patriots will sell these Brady jerseys on their website?
    I've spoken to them a few times and it appears that they don't really have a solid plan? The original plan was to offer the Jerseys through the Pats Website in a "non auction format", but I think they are now discussing offering the bigger names through NFL Auctions next year. They said that they are done releasing new inventory this year....not really sure why?

Absolutely, who makes the superbowl affects the price in that weekend auction. As a small consolation of the steelers not making it last year was that big bens and other Pitt players went for less than they normally would.
    I believe rothlisberger's 9/11 jersey went for around $9000 in hunts Superbowl auction last year. I've been to prev Pitt S.B.'s where my buddies woulda bid the world on Harrison, polamalu etc jerseys. They already spent thousands on the weekend so "what the heck?" "let's get a game used h ward jersey"

Good to hear about more jersey's hitting the market.

I'll probably never own a HOF QB's GW jersey but they are certainly nice to look at.

Solarlottery, mulligans, et al
    Do u think the patriots or any team (green bay) would get more on their own site or nfl's site? Just list it for a higher number on their home site and eventually get their asking price.

Say Brady goes to the Superbowl. And hunt auctioning off his 3rd(?) legitimate jersey that weekend with rabid patriot fans present. How high does this on go for? I'm thinking low $30's. Thousand dollars that is. His first went for a total of 50k. Last one, 25k

Thoughts?

Won't matter now, no superbawl for the Pats...

As much as I would love to own a killer jersey like that, being a Bears only collector, there hasn't been a QB here worth over 10K in a very long time...

I agree. I think it's at 25,000 with a week to go. If I remember, the $50k jersey was a home jersey. If I were someone who had 50k to spend on a jersey, I def would spend at least 30k for an away jersey to display next to it.

Re: Tom Brady GU jersey in NFL auction, UPDATE-.Rodgers..$30,000

As happyyoungster just posted Aaron Rodgers just went for somewhere over 29k. Lets call it $30000.

It was a home game used auction by NFL.com for provenance. How many of these are there out there? Certainly seems HOF qbs going for huge money.

Thoughts?

I feel like such a dips&#t for selling my Rodgers for $7k...UGGGGGH

Posted this in the other thread...

If u want my humble opinion, lately provenance direct from MLB, NBA and NFL has tremendous or at least some value. With the discussion about D.C. Sports, J.O. Sports and various auction houses. Some LOA's are now certainly suspect.
    In this arena reputation is everything.
    I for one have steered to as ironclad provenance as I can get. Can't even trust certain NFL players word. Maybe another Greenbay QB not named Rodgers?