Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dealing with "Refund and Relist" Sellers.

First off, I hope this person is a board member.

Two days ago, I won't this Kerry Rhodes jersey for what I felt was a very fair $105.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331059924220...84.m1497.l2649

I then pay for said jersey and find the payment unexpectedly refunded with the following note,

I apologize, I can not let this jersey go for this price. I would take $225 for it if interested. I'm don't know why ebay didn't give me the reserve option. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Then, I notice this was done.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Jet...item4d14fef33a

These situations are the absolute most frustrating. First off, Im sure we have all lost money on things, this hobby is terrible for getting value back or "making" money. Secondly, Ebay has reserve prices , "Buy It Now" and "Best Offers" if your looking to get an exact amount. In fact, this seller has done this to several items.

As far as I go, Ebay is a legal binding agreement. Not a "only ship it if I'm willing to sell for that" system.

Also, if your going to do that, respectfully tell the person before they pay! Now I've got to sit and wait for a credit card refund because this person has an inflated value for his items.

Re: Dealing with "Refund and Relist" Sellers.

I agree it's not right, but at the end of the day at least you aren't out any money. Can you at least leave feedback that indicates his practices?

Trust me, I will but venting helps with the frustration! Plus, Ebay actually has no procedure for sellers who do this, you can't "file a complaint" for this situation.

While as you said, I'm not "out" money.

Did you at least leave negative feedback? These guys will keep doing it unless people call them out, but good job for posting him on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    Did you at least leave negative feedback? These guys will keep doing it unless people call them out, but good job for posting him on here.
    Negative Feedback was indeed left (I would have done the same)

A friend of mine had a seller try to do this to him. The seller claimed they could not complete the transaction because the selling price was to low. My friend contacted eBay and had them contact the seller. The seller was told by eBay that they had entered into a legal, binding agreement with the buyer and they had to compete the transaction. My friend got his item and the seller was suspended. Sometimes it helps to contact eBay and let them try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by short84 View Post
    A friend of mine had a seller try to do this to him. The seller claimed they could not complete the transaction because the selling price was to low. My friend contacted eBay and had them contact the seller. The seller was told by eBay that they had entered into a legal, binding agreement with the buyer and they had to compete the transaction. My friend got his item and the seller was suspended. Sometimes it helps to contact eBay and let them try to help.
    That's interesting, because I had the exact opposite thing happen to me. I contacted ebay after a seller outright refused to sell to me because "the bidding didn't get high enough for his liking" and was told that there is nothing anyone could do. The seller has every right to refuse to sell the item. I left him a negative and moved on. Funny thing is that I was happy to pay more; it's just that nobody bid me up!
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    That's interesting, because I had the exact opposite thing happen to me. I contacted ebay after a seller outright refused to sell to me because "the bidding didn't get high enough for his liking" and was told that there is nothing anyone could do. The seller has every right to refuse to sell the item. I left him a negative and moved on. Funny thing is that I was happy to pay more; it's just that nobody bid me up!
    Just had this practice upheld by Ebay. It's practically a "sell at will" agreement but a "bidding agreement" to the buyer.

Absolutely unacceptable how one sided that is. So I can get unpaid item strikes for bidding and not paying, but a non selling shipper gets no such flagging.

Does the seller still have to pay the fees to ebay even if he backed out of the sale and issued you a refund? If yes this would certainly explain ebay's decision to uphold this practice. Pretty slimy way to conduct a business.

It's not fair that you get a unpaid strike against your account because of this.
    Can you open up a dispute and perhaps get this removed?
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Does the seller still have to pay the fees to ebay even if he backed out of the sale and issued you a refund? If yes this would certainly explain ebay's decision to uphold this practice. Pretty slimy way to conduct a business.

It's not fair that you get a unpaid strike against your account because of this.
    Can you open up a dispute and perhaps get this removed?
    I don't think he meant that he got a non-pay strike for this incident, just saying sellers aren't held to the same agreement as buyers. And yes, unless the transaction was mutually cancelled I am almost certain the seller incurred the fees.