Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Ballhawk Troubles

It was a batting practice ball. That is just stupid on so many levels.

Sounds to me this Zach character got a good dose of reality.

This guy was also at the all star game sitting right below my group. He had a backpack full of different hats that he changed depending on who he is asking for a ball. He camped out in center field right near the bullpen in the front row. We watched as he took a ball from a kid and the kid's mom gave him an earful.

So I'm assuming then that none of you are interested in adding this to your collection?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALEX-RODRIGU...item33a642ea49
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    So I'm assuming then that none of you are interested in adding this to your collection?

lol
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Zack Hample's 2011 book "The Baseball" (Anchor Books) has much interesting history of baseball manufacture. I don't understand why people fight for balls, especially BP, when you can buy authenticated game-used balls from the team. I get my "high" from shopping and checking the play-by-play for each offered ball on my wife's IPad, before making a purchase decision.

Banned

Cool Re: Ballhawk Troubles

Hample also used to be a hone guest on national ESPN Radio about 10 years ago on a weekend overnight show called "The Sports Doctor". He was on every month or two. I've never met him, and hold no persoal grudges, but I do have to admit that he did sound like somewhat of a wildman in those calls.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

I'd buy it so i could burn it! No respect for this joker!!

I was going to say that the only thing sillier than wanting a baseball signed by someone who caught a (fake) milestone ball would be someone who actually paid money for a ball signed by somebody who bought a (fake) milestone ball. I was thinking about a baseball I once saw in a comics shop that was signed by Todd McFarlane, that the shop owner wanted fifty bucks for. Thinking back, though, that ball was very ornately and artistically signed, and McFarlane is known, after all, for more than just overpaying for the McGwire ball.

That might be an interesting thread topic, come to think of it: who did you get to sign a baseball that you later thought, "What was I thinking? That was a waste of a good baseball!"