Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us your Carlos Beltran game used items

To my knowledge this is the only Beltran WS bat in the market. Sold by the team in Jan 2014 at their fanfest. Can anyone confirm others? Photomatched to his first WS hit and MLB auth to broken in game 3. Does anyone know if he is doing a signing soon? Would love to get it signed and inscribed.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Jason,
    Awesome bat. I do know of another Beltran WS bat last used in game 4 that was chipped during action that resides in a collection. After that he started using a bat that got some more tar on it as the series went on. I do not know where the bat(s) used after game 4 are. Cool bat that you have thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Nice Beltran's. I believe hofbats.com has one for sale last time I looked.
    I actually bought this bat. But I have heard some rumblings that a few were leery of the bat because of the tape job. Any thoughts?

I hope these pics are sized right. If not I apologize. I added some of what I think is a style match from the same time as this labeling period of this bat...2002. Any and all feedback is welcome. Be brutally honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Jason,
    Awesome bat. I do know of another Beltran WS bat last used in game 4 that was chipped during action that resides in a collection. After that he started using a bat that got some more tar on it as the series went on. I do not know where the bat(s) used after game 4 are. Cool bat that you have thanks for sharing!
    Mike, thanks for the input. I just ran the Auth code......this is the game 4 bat. I haven't looked but would guess maybe this was the bat he used for the first games. It was broke in the 3rd inning of game 4. I don't know of him breaking any others so would assume his leftover bats went to ST 2014 with the Yanks? I know that happens a lot of the time. Prob mixed in with others but ended up somewhere in u expecting hands.

Jeff,
    Doesn't necessarily mean the bat isn't good with the tape, just means it isn't consistent with the majority of his bats. There are a few characteristics that I would look for with Beltran bats.

knob/end of barrel
    Earlier in his career before knob stamping or stickers were on knobs most of Beltran's bats would have his number on the knob, sometimes on the end of the barrel. Early LVS number on knob, Carolina Clubs number on knob, Old Hickory number on knob sticker written in sharpie, Marucci number engraved, CTG/Verduro number written on knob, 2009 and on Maruccis mostly have the stickers and if no sticker number is engraved.

Tar/no tar
    There are three kinds of Beltran bats that I see. One is the tar/mota stick just on the handle where the hands are. The second, which is my favorite kind, is where there is tar/mota under the label and also where the hands are. There was a blonde Marucci that he used in May 2012 that I would really love to get my hands on. Why he chooses to sometimes do handle and sometimes also under label I have no idea. The third kind which I saw more often in his earlier career than later is where there is no or limited tar.

Ball marks/use
    As a switch hitter, Beltran tends to have use on both sides of the barrel. Although not always the case I would say to the right of the barrel (relative to his name) and on the backside his left handed use is present. On the left side of the barrel extending onto his name would be his right handed use. This isn't always the case but I have noticed this more than not.

Jason,
    that is a sweet bat! I don't know of any other WS bats then in collections. There are some great shots on getty with the chip flying in the air when it was broken.

Jeff,
    Doesn't necessarily mean the bat isn't good with the tape, just means it isn't consistent with the majority of his bats. There are a few characteristics that I would look for with Beltran bats.

knob/end of barrel
    Earlier in his career before knob stamping or stickers were on knobs most of Beltran's bats would have his number on the knob, sometimes on the end of the barrel. Early LVS number on knob, Carolina Clubs number on knob, Old Hickory number on knob sticker written in sharpie, Marucci number engraved, CTG/Verduro number written on knob, 2009 and on Maruccis mostly have the stickers and if no sticker number is engraved.

Tar/no tar
    There are three kinds of Beltran bats that I see. One is the tar/mota stick just on the handle where the hands are. The second, which is my favorite kind, is where there is tar/mota under the label and also where the hands are. There was a blonde Marucci that he used in May 2012 that I would really love to get my hands on. Why he chooses to sometimes do handle and sometimes also under label I have no idea. The third kind which I saw more often in his earlier career than later is where there is no or limited tar.

Ball marks/use
    As a switch hitter, Beltran tends to have use on both sides of the barrel. Although not always the case I would say to the right of the barrel (relative to his name) and on the backside his left handed use is present. On the left side of the barrel extending onto his name would be his right handed use. This isn't always the case but I have noticed this more than not.

Jason,
    that is a sweet bat! I don't know of any other WS bats then in collections. There are some great shots on getty with the chip flying in the air when it was broken.
    Mike, does he do any signings?

Jeff,

knob/end of barrel

Tar/no tar

Ball marks/use
    I guess the thing I see is that on the Rawlings, there is a number on the knob. It looks to me to be similar as the ones I see on other bats. It is very very faint so it's difficult to get a good read on that aspect. I added a picture below of the knob along with the two tape jobs together.

There are also ball marks on both sides of the barrel. But there is something else I notice in looking at your 01-02 LS bat with tape. The taping pattern looks the same. Not the length of the tape on the handle but the overlapping of tape; how it's wound around the handle. To me that looks the same.

Carlos Beltran game used 2014 jersey with 75th anniversary Hall of Fame patch (MLB holo/Steiner authenticated)
    Last year was probably the worst year in Beltran's career when he returned to NY to play. He had a hot stretch in April and right after the All Star break but other than that was not up to his usual output. For 2014 it seemed as though the longest Beltran would go before switching jerseys was the length of a homestand or road trip. This jersey was last worn on 7/27/2015, but was worn for 10 game stretch between 7/18 and 7/27 (pinstripes appear the same during this 10 game homestand). During that time Beltran went 11/35 for a .314 avg with 3 HR, 6 R, 7 RBI and even 1 SB. There is some a large pilling patch around the front right ribcage as well as another area on the left sleeve. Beltran seemed to return to his size 46 for most of his jerseys last year when he joined the Yankees.

Pictured is the last day the jersey was worn on 7/27 with the patch and on 7/19 when he hit his first HR in this jersey.

Carlos Beltran 2013 postseason cap and jersey. Both MLB Authenticated as team-issued. I've photomatched the jersey to a home run on August 24, 2013.

Mike was able to photomatch the bat; thanks again!