Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Show Us your Carlos Beltran game used items

Newest pickup...

Think this might be one of the sweetest Beltran bats.

2015 Rawlings bat, cracked on 6/22/2015 for a single. But he used it in many game prior and I photo matched it to having been used to hit 3 homeruns including 2 in one game and one was hit right handed while the other was left handed. I believe he also used it to get several other hits.

Photo matches are based on the cleat marks and also the burned marks(bat still smells like fire).
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Sorry for such large pictures. here's some better pics.

The bat had so much use that you can't make out acouple of the ball marks that were on the bat on 6/18

One more picture from his June 18th at bat, you can see the match in the light part of the bat

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    Great Beltran items! My one beltran bat is another one of my favorites as its photomatched to a homer in 2014
    Please post.

yanks12025, sweet Beltran bat, awesome use.

I'll post two old Hickory bats. Beltran started using Old Hickory bats in 2003 I believe. In 2004 he primarily used Old Hickory bats in KC and in Houston. In the 2004 playoffs he also used Old Hickory bats. In 2005 with the Mets, Beltran continued to use Old Hickory mostly. The 2005 bats have a different label as you will see if the pictures. By the time 2006 rolled around Beltran started using Marucci most of the time.

Up first is a 2003-04 Beltran Old Hickory game used bat
    This Beltran bat looks like a 2003-04 era Beltran. If I had to guess I would say it looks more like a 2004 as the "15" on the knob looks more like a 2004 style. Ball marks are present from both sides of the barrel.

2005 Carlos Beltran game used cracked bat (MLB authentication/Steiner LOA)
    This 2005 Beltran bat has some upper handle pine tar along with mota stick on the handle. Use present on both sides of the barrel and cleat marks on the left side of the barrel. The bat was last used 5/14/2005. 15 is written on both the top of the barrel and the end of the knob.

Here is a 2004 Beltran game used and signed bat. The bat shows good wear on both sides of the bat with a good amount of pine tar on the handle. It also has cleat marks and embedded dirt in the cleat marks. The bat has been through a lot and came out in one piece. There are no breaks in the bat at all. I have not been able to even come close to photo-matching this bat. One of the reasons I purchased this bat is where it came from. It came right from the collection of a former major league player.

In 2004 Carlos Beltran was elected to the AL All-Star team as a starter but was traded shortly there after. The Kansas City Royals then sent Ken Harvey to the 2004 All-Star game. This would be Ken's first and only All-Star game. He got one at bat in which he struck out. This Bat came out of Ken Harvey's collection. He sold off several of his All-Star related items recently. This bat was among those items. Ken was given this bat by Carlos Beltran who also signed it. I still do not know if this bat was from his time With the Royals or with the Astro's or even from the All-Star game. I was a fan of Ken Harvey's from the time he spent with the Nebraska Huskers baseball team and was elated when he signed with the Royals. I like the story behind the bat and the players involved. Any which way I had always wanted a Beltran bat to go with my Carlos Febles bat. Any Royals fan that was around in the early 90's probably remembers "Dos Carlos" from around the stadium. Some good memories there......

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    Here is a 2004 Beltran game used and signed bat. The bat shows good wear on both sides of the bat with a good amount of pine tar on the handle. It also has cleat marks and embedded dirt in the cleat marks. The bat has been through a lot and came out in one piece. There are no breaks in the bat at all. I have not been able to even come close to photo-matching this bat. One of the reasons I purchased this bat is where it came from. It came right from the collection of a former major league player.
    Great looking Old Hickory

Here is a 2011 Carlos Beltran Marucci bat
    This bat is from the end of Beltran's Mets career right before he was traded to SF. There is a 15 bat sticker at the end of the knob and Beltran's 15 written in silver at the end of the barrel. The bat is crack and displays pretty good use. Beltran Marucci's are my favorite model of his and this is my first dark brown model

Carlos Beltran 2014 game used jersey (MLB authentication)
    This jersey dates to Beltran's first year with the Yankees. He had a horrible 2014 and horrible first month of 2015 before finishing up his Yankees tenure strong, earning his 9th All Star bid this year. The Yankees were on a homestand from 4/7/2014-4/16/2014. On the 16th the Yankees played a double header and wore JRD jerseys for the 2nd game. This jersey was last worn in the first game of that day. In the final game in this jersey, Beltran went 1/3 with a HR. During the homestand, Beltran hit 4 home runs and won AL Player of the week honors. The jersey is a size 46 and is autographed on the rear #6.

Carlos Beltran 400th Home Run game used batting helmet (1st half batting helmet MLB authentication)
    I wasn't able to add Beltran's 400th HR game used bat (not available that I know of), and Steiner wanted $3,000 for his jersey so I passed on that. I was able to obtain his game used batting helmet from when he hit his 400th Home Run. This year Beltran has been able to join the 400 HR-300 SB club, 1,500 RBI, 1,500 R, 2,500 hit, 1,000 XBH clubs. On May 15th he became the 4th switch hitter to hit 400 home runs when he went deep off of Zach Duke. Beltran wore this batting helmet for his right hand at bats during the 1st half of 2016 (except for on the road after 5/28). During the Tampa road series 5/28 the Yankees started wearing the matte batting helmets on the road so Beltran no longer wore this on the road after that date. The helmet is authenticated to being last used on 6/30/2016 (Yankees last home game of the 1st half) and is a size 7 3/8.

If anyone has a Royals and/or Astros Beltran game used batting helmet, please let me know as I would like to add those items to my collection.

Michael, you have an incredible Beltran collection. Great guy, hall of fame caliber player. Congrats on the new additions!