Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us your Carlos Beltran game used items

Anyone have any Beltran Astros' items? I would love to see them. I know he was only there for half a year, but he had some pretty awesome games in that '04 postseason.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Les,
    ask and you shall receive

2004 NLCS games 1 and 2 used bat. This is from Beltran's 2004 record tying postseason where he smacked 8 HRs to tie Barry Bonds single postseason record (while doing this without the WS). The bat has a handle crack and comes with a Houston Astros LOA where it states that it was used in Games 1 and 2 and collected after game 4.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Les,
    ask and you shall receive

2004 NLCS games 1 and 2 used bat. This is from Beltran's 2004 record tying postseason where he smacked 8 HRs to tie Barry Bonds single postseason record (while doing this without the WS). The bat has a handle crack and comes with a Houston Astros LOA where it states that it was used in Games 1 and 2 and collected after game 4.
    That's absolutely awesome. I've been a Beltran supporter ever since watching his amazing performance that postseason. Although I don't own any Beltran game used, I remain a fan, even though he didn't re-sign with Houston.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

This is his game used bat from the 2004 NLCS games 3 and 4 also collected after game 4 and comes with an Astros LOA. This bat has a crack as well. In games 1 and 2 Beltran hit HRs 5 and 6 and in games 3 and 4 he hit HRs 7 and record 8.

I was able to recently aquire a 1999 Carlos Beltran Rookie of the Year game used Royals jersey. Beltran wore #36 in 1999 before switching to #15 in 2000. This is one of my favorite game used Beltran jerseys that I own. It is also nice to see the many game use from the jersey. The more recent Beltran jerseys that I have collected do not show near the amount of use as this one.

Wow guys, I can't believe I missed this thread! Glad it has been bumped up. I'll post some photos here in the next week or two.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Carlos Beltran 2004 game used Monarchs/Royals jersey. This jersey was originally sourced through Hunt Auctions and at one time had an LOA from the Kansas City Royals. Before the Negro League Baseball Museum started selling these jerseys through their going yard sale, they would be offered through Hunt Auctions.
    http://www.huntauctions.com/online/i...113&lot_qual=a

Anyway I was able to aquire this jersey in a trade for some other Royals jerseys at the All Star game fanfest this past year. The jersey appears to be unwashed but I do not have the original Royals LOA that came with it. Good thing for the internet and Hunt's digital photos as I can trace my jersey back to this auction. What is interesting about this jersey is that it is a size 48. For most of Beltran's career he has worn a size 46, except in Houston where he wore some size 48 jerseys. I am guessing that the larger size was to go with the theme of the oversized jerseys for the tribute day, but who really knows. 2004 was the year of Beltran's first all star appearance where he was the first man to make both the American League and National League All Star teams in the same year. He was selected to the AL team before being traded to Houston where he was chosen by the Manager to be on the NL team.

2011 Carlos Beltran game used away Giants jersey. 2011 was an All Star year for Beltran but he was traded midseason to the Giants from the Mets. The Giants never really got going after the trade and they missed the postseason. MLB authenticated, size 46 cool base. This jersey was originally sourced direct from the San Francisco Giants game used department and I am the original owner. It is MLB authenticated to September 24th, 2011. What is interesting is that this jersey was also worn on September 25th, 2011 (The line snag of the right sleeve of the jersey near the WS patch is appearant in photos from the game on the 25th as well as other road games). This was the Giants last road game where Beltran went 2 for 4 with a home run, his last of the season. The 2011 home Giants jersey that I also own of Beltran was similarly authenticated to the 2nd to last game of the season but was worn in the last game of the season (easily photomatchable by the eye black stains on jersey, I will post photos of this jersey at a later time).

Anyway, the jersey itself shows pretty good use for a coolbase jersey as there is a bunch of pilling on the front of the jersey. It remains in an unwashed state and has pine tar/dirt stains still on the jersey. On the inside a 2011 year tag is present. Also present is the 2010 World Series patch on the right sleeve.

photo from 9/25/2011 2-4 HR game, stains on sleeve and line snag seen on sleeve

Carlos Beltran game used Mets home jersey MLB authenticated to 7-26-2006. In this game Beltran was 2-3 with 2 BB, 2 SB and scored the game winning run in the 10th to beat the Cubs 1-0. The jersey has some dirt, sweat and other stains still present.

Sorry for the poor photos, but here is Beltran's set 3 away jersey from 2012. Shows light use with some snags and evidence of washing on the tag.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com