Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Patriots now selling GU stuff on line.

For a limited time, also will sell through the NFL.

http://proshop.patriots.com/search/?string=game+worn

Re: Patriots now selling GU stuff on line.

Interesting. Although the description states that the jerseys may not have been used in a game.

Pretty price when you can't confirm if they were ever used in a game

"Players are often issued multiple jerseys each season, and we cannot verify that each individual item was used in an actual game"

Very lame considering it's coming from the team itself and not a 3rd party. Also, in the title description says "Game Worn"

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Regarding the game worn status, it looks to me like the pricing may reflect if they think it was worn or just issued based on the wear. The Rob Nionkovich AFL legacy jersey seems pretty cheap compared to the others. Pure speculation on my part, but I'm thinking they don't believe that one was game worn.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffaary View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

Regarding the game worn status, it looks to me like the pricing may reflect if they think it was worn or just issued based on the wear. The Rob Nionkovich AFL legacy jersey seems pretty cheap compared to the others. Pure speculation on my part, but I'm thinking they don't believe that one was game worn.
    I would say that $950.00 is A LOT of money for a jersey that was merely player issued and not game worn.

Personally...I thought that some of the items were priced too high. Many buyers are looking for current players. A Bledsoe Jersey sells for $400-$800 certainly not $5000 for a "possibly used" Jersey?

Who would want to pay $3000 for a GU helmet without a name attached to it? I can only imagine that they will change their strategy as nothing has moved yet.....Still nice to see the Pats moving in this direction.

The only somewhat close to market value jersey in my oppinion is the Lawyer Milloy.

Banned

I think they are cyaing with the language on the site. These jerseys are several years old in some cases 15 plus years so they probably don't have records as to when they were used which is understandable. As for the prices they seem to be looking to capitalize on the once in a lifetime nature of the items hoping fans will buy.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward30 View Post
    I would say that $950.00 is A LOT of money for a jersey that was merely player issued and not game worn.
    First off the Ninkovich is a red 2009 AFL legacy jersey, which to my knowledge have never been available in the hobby (unlike the white legacies that were available through NFL Auctions). Second, the jerseys of other linebackers START at $3,000 and go up from there. If you want to make the case that ALL of these jerseys are overpriced , I would agree with you. But based on whose jerseys these are and what jerseys they are, and comparing the prices, I would say the Patriots know the Ninkovich AFL legacy jersey was issued and not worn.

Same for the Lawyer Milloy jersey at $750. You're talking about a very high profile player and a major part of a Super Bowl winning team. How can an unpatched Troy Brown jersey be more than 5X?