Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Re: Patriots now selling GU stuff on line.

If anyone goes and sees any former Texas tech players' jerseys (Amendola, Kingsbury, Waddle, Welker) I'll cover shipping and pay more than you did.

Jim, any idea what will be available at the tent sale this year? Any idea on pricing? I'm hoping those late 80s/early 90s jerseys you mentioned a while back might make an appearance. I'm guessing the remaining random player Nike jerseys (the ones listed on the proshop website) will be available? Any more team issued workout gear again this year, or was that just to get rid of stuff with the old wordmark logo?

Just wanted to add the players I was looking for if they are at the tent sale...

I'm looking for a David Thomas and Kyle Eckel, and I would pay over the purchase price and shipping cost on both if anyone can help.

Thanks

Kevin

Krsoneus@gmail.com

Did anyone go in the morning. I went in the afternoon and nothing but red and white jersey from who knows when. Guessing most were 1980s till the early 1990s.

Yes we have 88-92 (mostly are 91/92) old red and white jerseys still available at the Tent Sale. I met a few collectors (and members of this forum) there today, great people as you'd expect!

Jim

Jim, is there any sure way to narrow down years on the jerseys that were sold today? I've been discussing theories with another member and pretty much all we've noticed is the fact that there are lots of possible inconsistencies. I think, for the most part, the NFL shield shows up for the 1991 season. But I've found photos of our beloved Zolak with a non-NFL shield jersey. Also, some have a mesh yoke and sleeves while others have dazzle yokes and sleeves. Some have heat pressed numbers while others are stitched. Then the durene jerseys really threw me off. Were those from the 80s? Also, some of the Russell tags said, simply, "100% Nylon", while others added "For Care See Reverse". Does anyone have any further insight on identifying specific seasons?

Ebay will be flooded with these in a few weeks...if not days

Quote Originally Posted by banderson42 View Post
    Jim, is there any sure way to narrow down years on the jerseys that were sold today? I've been discussing theories with another member and pretty much all we've noticed is the fact that there are lots of possible inconsistencies. I think, for the most part, the NFL shield shows up for the 1991 season. But I've found photos of our beloved Zolak with a non-NFL shield jersey. Also, some have a mesh yoke and sleeves while others have dazzle yokes and sleeves. Some have heat pressed numbers while others are stitched. Then the durene jerseys really threw me off. Were those from the 80s? Also, some of the Russell tags said, simply, "100% Nylon", while others added "For Care See Reverse". Does anyone have any further insight on identifying specific seasons?

These can be a bit tricky to figure out, and in full disclosure I called upon a couple members of this forum to help verify what our findings were. Unlike most of the boxes we took from locker-room storage these were not marked as clearly as most others. Most read "88-92 Game Jerseys" and had number ranges for the uniforms in each individual box.

1988-89- Screen printed letters & numbers - no NFL shield on the neckline
    1990- Stitched letters & numbers - no NFL shield at the neckline
    1991- Stitched letters & numbers - NFL shield at the neckline
    1992- Screen printed letters & numbers - NFL shield at the neck

From 88-89 We believe both Sand Knit & Russell jersey's were used.
    From 1990-92 all jerseys were manufactured by Russell Athletic.

Some variations to these findings are more than possible, even likely. For example, we have found photos that indicate there were times a no shield jersey was worn after the uniforms began to include the shield. Might have been a sizing issue, back up jersey, worn in pre0seasoon only, impossible to tell in some cases.

The breakdown above was developed from our own findings as well as the assistance of a couple of very knowledgeable fellow collectors. I hope you find the information helpful, and we are always open to hearing other opinions or information anyone else may have.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    Ebay will be flooded with these in a few weeks...if not days
    You are probably right, but we did make a few changes to the hang tag that should help identify these as what they were. We did NOT refer to the tag as a Certificate of Authenticity, but simply as Team Issued Equipment.

It is also worth noting here that we do plan to make those same jerseys (ones with nameplates) available through both auctions & our ProShop website, including the "Random" jersey offerings. No ETA on that just yet, but we hope to have some up by the start of the season.

Jim

Thanks for all of the info, Jim - it's a great help!