Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Birth Date on a Bat Knob Question

So I'm currently in the market for a Jeter game used bat and there's one I could get that has a birth date on the knob from mid march of 2011. now obviously, a bat used during the regular season has more value than a bat used during spring training, but how between the bats birth date, when does it usually go into circulation of being used in a game for a player? im sure jeter goes through a few bats during the season including pre and post season, but do you think a bat with the date from mid march wouldve been used in the regular season?

Re: Birth Date on a Bat Knob Question

You really can't tell. I bought a 2012 Tex bat couple weeks ago and it was made in august of 2011 and wasn't used till July 2012.

I would say a bat that was stamped in mid march has a pretty good chance of being used in some early season games but really ya never know unless you can photo match it or its authenticated.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    You really can't tell. I bought a 2012 Tex bat couple weeks ago and it was made in august of 2011 and wasn't used till July 2012.
    I've had players tell me that they were still carrying around and using bats from teams they hadn't been on in two years.