Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Alex Rodriguez Home Run Bat Error?

The Baseball-Reference.com states that AROD’s home run on June 3, 2012 was his 638th career home run.

638 2012-06-03 NYY @ DET Justin Verlander

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...=rodrial01&t=b

Here is a bat that is MLB Authenticated from that date but AROD signed it as home run #639 and then John Taube and PSA/DNA put the same information in their LOA:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALEX-RODRIGU...&forceRpt=true

Am I missing something here or did AROD sign the wrong career home run and then PSA failed to research the bat properly to make a correction?

Re: Alex Rodriguez Home Run Bat Error?

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    The Baseball-Reference.com states that AROD’s home run on June 3, 2012 was his 638th career home run.

638 2012-06-03 NYY @ DET Justin Verlander

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...=rodrial01&t=b

Here is a bat that is MLB Authenticated from that date but AROD signed it as home run #639 and then John Taube and PSA/DNA put the same information in their LOA:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALEX-RODRIGU...&forceRpt=true

Am I missing something here or did AROD sign the wrong career home run and then PSA failed to research the bat properly to make a correction?
    mlb doesnt mention the career hr # and psa probably assumed that the inscription was correct. seems like something they should have caught.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Not sure about the tidbit thing you mention. But I think your initial response was underwhelming. Oh well, they should have caught this, ho humm.

Once again the player can't get the inception correct for which I'm sure he was paid several thpusand for and the company selling the loa just let's it go. What the heck are we all paying for. This is just an overall problem with the hobby in general. Everyone makes a buck and the buyer gets screwed. I just thought this was a bigger deal but look at the people on this forum more concerned about egraphs and othe stupid non game used stuff. I thinks vet the past year you can tell this forum has reach about as low as it can go when it comes to research and good solid game used information.
    i contacted the dealer about it and it is getting taken care of. if this is underwhelming then this is underwhelming.

it was an honest mistake that was caught early, is correctable and doesn't affect its authenticity. it was the bat used to hit a hr against verlander on that date.

i understand that we should accept nothing but the best from a dealer and third party authenticator. fortunately this was caught early on before someone bought it.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

If you knew this a week ago, why not tell us or did I miss your post?
    Also, why is the bat still listed on ebay woth the incorrect information? Seems odd to not even take it down or change the description.
    I contacted the concerned party. IMO, the errant inscription was a honest mistake. The bat was pulled last Wednesday.

From your posted link, it was surprisingly relisted. The bat was pulled this morning.

As we all know, the inscription on a bat does not assist in the authenticity of the bat. The bat was authenticated by MLB to be a home run bat against Verlander. Unfortunately, the incorrect career hr # was inscribed onto the bat. However, the errant inscription doesn’t change the fact that it is an actual home run bat.

Now because of this honest mistake that could be corrected, I have to read that this mistake is part of what is wrong with the hobby and that the buyer of this bat got screwed even though this bat has not been sold to anyone. This is exactly the kind of hyperbole that I was trying to avoid before giving the seller a chance to make a correction for a honest mistake. I hope this explains why I did not post it here first.

I do not see anything more that I can add to this thread that is constructive until the inscription is fixed.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Bill,

When I originally posted I did not click your link.. I thought I knew what listing your were referring to and responded.

You are entitle to your opinion. I was just answering your questions.

thanks

have a nice weekend
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Taking away the back and forth above, I think the question should revolve around what happens with the bat now - does AROD just amend his 9 to an 8 to make it correct? Why did the bat get authenticated to the wrong HR number when a simple google search would have found the accurate information?

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com View Post
    Taking away the back and forth above, I think the question should revolve around what happens with the bat now - does AROD just amend his 9 to an 8 to make it correct? Why did the bat get authenticated to the wrong HR number when a simple google search would have found the accurate information?
    Sorry about the back and forth.
    Good questions. Probably nothing happens until the Yankees are out of playoff.

We have seen inscription removed and then redone for ARod on two occassions so maybe this will happen for this bat.

I think it was an honest mistake from the inscription and then PSA assumed that the inscription was correct and didn't verify the number. The authentication by PSA was for the bat and not the autograph and inscription. I agree, PSA should verify the inscription for consistency. This is probably the first or rare example of an error of an inscription that could be resubmitted to PSA. It would interesting to see how they handle it.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Where? Did I miss it?
    For such an avid arod hater, you sure start a lot of threads about the man.

I'm not seeing the value add of chastising Joel on this mis-inscribed Arod homerun bat. It's counter productive and may deter anyone else in the future from questioning items on the forum for fear of the illusion of "not completely following thru". Seems like he did everything to the best of his ability and it not his fault this bat was relisted.

Perhaps all this negative energy can be used to reach out to Arod and his representives or more realistically John Taube (who is typically open to questions) to help rectify the situation.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    I'm not seeing the value add of chastising Joel on this mis-inscribed Arod homerun bat. It's counter productive and may deter anyone else in the future from questioning items on the forum for fear of the illusion of "not completely following thru". Seems like he did everything to the best of his ability and it not his fault this bat was relisted.

Perhaps all this negative energy can be used to reach out to Arod and his representives or more realistically John Taube (who is typically open to questions) to help rectify the situation.

David
    +1

I also don't appreciate Bill's comment, "Wish there was a photo of him holding this bat so it has the appearance of being "real" Maybe Toni can help with that"

I already posted the bat was photomatched to games and provided proof.

This was a direct attack against me on my recent Arod bat, and I would appreciate comments directed at me, in reference to arod, stop!

Thanks!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~