Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Official Chicago White Sox GU

Gonna start with my most recent pick up. Probably the biggest impact player the South Siders have ever seen for a mid-season acquisition. With out this everyday 3rd baseman, In my opinion, The Sox are probably in 2nd place looking up at the Tigers. Jersey shows Nice use with pine tar on the shoulders and side. and other staining on front and back of this cool base jersey.

YOUUUUUUUK!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Real nice Youk jersey. It looks like it has fantastic use. I'm jealous...great pickup!

Go Sox!!!!!

Bill

Nice where did you pick that up at?

Thanks Fellas for the feedback. I picked up this Youk and Rios at the 4th annual charities auction the first week in Aug at the park. Wasnt sure what would be available come Soxfest, so I decided to pull the trigger on this one.

Good thread! I'm not a jersey guy, but an equipment guy. The only jersey I have is a Frank Thomas game issue jersey that is currently at my framer. Looking to box frame it with his bat and cleats.....

Anyway, this is some faves from my collection:

Paul Konerko GU Marucci:

Paul Konerko GU LVS:

Omar Vizquel GU LVS:

John Danks GU LVS:

Jermaine Dye GU Diablo:

Andruw Jones GU B45

Adamu Dunn GU LVS:

AJ Pierzynski GU LVS:

Nick Swisher GU LVS:

Carlos Lee GU LVS:

Frank Thomas GI Cleats:

Alexei Ramirez GU cleats:

AJ Pierzynski GI cleats:

Carlos Quentin GU cleats:

Zach Stewart GU fielding glove:

I collect anything game used Chicago, with a focus on cleats!

-Desi

Desi

Solid looking equipment! Thrilled you added it to the thread. Would luv to see how you set up your Thomas frame when you get it. That would be a Grail of mine. A photomatched Thomas jersey. Any year will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Desi View Post
    Good thread! I'm not a jersey guy, but an equipment guy. The only jersey I have is a Frank Thomas game issue jersey that is currently at my framer. Looking to box frame it with his bat and cleats.....

Anyway, this is some faves from my collection:

Paul Konerko GU Marucci:

Paul Konerko GU LVS:

Omar Vizquel GU LVS:

John Danks GU LVS:

Jermaine Dye GU Diablo:

Andruw Jones GU B45

Adamu Dunn GU LVS:

AJ Pierzynski GU LVS:

Nick Swisher GU LVS:

Carlos Lee GU LVS:

Frank Thomas GI Cleats:

Alexei Ramirez GU cleats:

AJ Pierzynski GI cleats:

Carlos Quentin GU cleats:

Zach Stewart GU fielding glove:

I collect anything game used Chicago, with a focus on cleats!

-Desi

Here is the other pick up I had at the Park. I would say a career year for Rios thus far. Rios and AJ IMO are probably the most consistent players we have this year. As far position players go. Nice pine tar on the right shoulder running into the patch as well. Im guessing some tobacco juice on the front too.

Like I said, I don't collect jerseys, but is that a straight hem on the Youkilis? Never seen that before, or I never noticed. Though all jerseys had the shirt tail hem...

Nice catch! I noticed that right away too. The interior tag has + 3inches of body length. My guess is that is why it has the straight hem? Could somebody chime in on that and confirm? Thanks

I thought a Ventura jersey would be relevant for this thread at this time. First year manager for the SouthSide and a first place team majority of the AL Central thus far.Im Hoping to pick up a 2012 jersey at next years SoxFest to add to my collection. Little did he know that in '95 he would be managing the Sox in 2012 and winning a WS Championship the same season.

This jersey is photo matched to many cards and pics through out the '95 season. Robin wore both Wilson and Russel that season but in my opinion this was his most worn home pinstripe. With all the matches I have found and judging by the use of this gamer. Im thrilled to have this in my collection.

I like to use the under arm pinstripes to determine my concrete photo matches if applicable. Patches, numbers and last names are just as good. In my opinion its pretty hard to reverse photo match pinstripes in certain areas.