Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Sick, Sick and More Sick! Thats a Sweet trifecta Ron. Gonna have to add more Konerkos to my collection to keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    Thanks Frikativ54

Its probably my favorite modern day jersey due to style/player and I was lucky enough to get it from BPH back in 2008.
    Yeah, it's certainly unique, and I love all the colors. Enjoy the jersey!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

The 2012 season is complete for the Sox. The unfortunate Collapse has taken place for the SouthSiders this season, but collecting still goes on.

Sticking to the Sunday jerseys. Another Must have gamer in my Sox collection. 2001 Ray Durham 1917 100 year American League commemorative jersey.

2001 was Durham's last full season with the Sox. An exceptional lead off hitter for the White Sox. His last three years on the Soth Side, had him at least 15HR, 20 Steals, 100 Runs, 65RBI's and 450 Slugging %. He holds the White Sox Lead off HR at 20.

Style match at best for this Commemorative jersey. Placement of left sleeve American Flag Patch to Majestic logo.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Sad to see the season end the way it did...but I'm glad for the friends I made on the team. A couple more pickups from those friends on the team:

Jake Peavy game used cleats. I'm a big fan of Peavy's since his Padre days...one of the good guys in baseball. I always wanted a pair of his exclusive cleats in my collection, and he happily obliged my collection. The initials BP on the toungue of in honor of his grandfather, Blanche Peavy. Inside the tongue, are the initials JPWPJP, for his three sons, Jake, Wyatt and Judson. Then he has his number 44 embroidered on the back side of the shoes. These cleats have become a favorite in my collection!

Gordon Beckham game used cleats:

-Desi

Question Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Anybody win the 1972 throwback batting helmets that were on MLB.com Auctions? Both the Pierzynski and the Youkilis went for $900+. They were awesome but quite expensive.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Agreed! They definitely went for a nice penny. I had interest in the Beckham jersey. For those of you that are interested, here is some info I received from Sox charity auctions and self research.

- Some players wore both knit and cool base the 13 games. Two sets may be available. Looks like knit was worn April-June and CB June-til last home game Sunday Sept 30th.

-Sunday April 15th game was Jackie Robinson Day. Some players wore #42

-Jerseys worn the last home game Sept 30th are unwashed and authenticated that day under MLB database as game used. Not sure about the other set the player wore it its unwashed. Again some players had two sets.

-Some jerseys, if not all are tagged 1972 ## S1 or S2

If anybody else can add to that please do!

Semper Fi
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Anybody win the 1972 throwback batting helmets that were on MLB.com Auctions? Both the Pierzynski and the Youkilis went for $900+. They were awesome but quite expensive.
    Nooo!

Quote Originally Posted by grenda12 View Post
    Nooo!
    Yeah, I couldn't believe they went for so much; I was hoping you would be able to pick one up. But $900+ seems absolutely crazy for a non-HOFer helmet, even with MLB authentication.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Ron, That A.J. Collection is Sweet! I didn't know you had some of his equipment as well. Great Display!

Cant wait to get my hands on one. Your Right, these prices are crazy. At least the money spent is going to a good cause.

The '72 DeAza with all the pics makes it even more sick

Nice Pick Ups!

Semper Fi
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    This 4 me personally was the real prize of the last Sox MLB Auction a 2012 A.J. Pierzynski 72 Throwback batting helmet.

Being as A.J. is 1 of my All-Time Favorite Sox's & this could very well have been his last year with them, not to mention it being a career year for him I had 2 add this piece to my A.J. Gear.
    Congrats on that AJ helmet; I was wondering if a forum member won it. It is a pretty awesome piece, so I am glad that a true fan snagged it. Those '72 throwbacks go for quite a pretty penny. Enjoy it!
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408