Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    A big thanks to member helf35 for picking up this 2014 Alternate jersey for me at Soxfest this weekend! The jersey is authenticated as issued, which makes sense, since he ended the season in AAA, but there are loose threads & the wash tag was washed. I've started to look at a game for a possible photo match, but I'm finding that a black jersey is not easy to match.
    Wash tag definitely looks used and set 1, would be shocked if that wasn't used. Authenticator may have collected it after he left the team so it was listed as issued

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    Wash tag definitely looks used and set 1, would be shocked if that wasn't used. Authenticator may have collected it after he left the team so it was listed as issued
    Once I saw the set number and then the wash tag I was pretty sure it was used multiple times. He appeared in 18 games last season and it looks like it has seen multiple washes. Ap images shows about 3 games with the Alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Once I saw the set number and then the wash tag I was pretty sure it was used multiple times. He appeared in 18 games last season and it looks like it has seen multiple washes. Ap images shows about 3 games with the Alternate.
    He started 11 games and had 7 relief appearances. I know he wore the black alternate on 5/20/14 @KC and on 6/15/14 vs KC. Do you know which was the third game he wore the black?

The other question I have is about the Father's Day ribbon; was it sewn on and taken off after the 6/15/14 game?

The back of the jersey appears to line up well to the 6/15/14 game, specially the MLB logo in relation to the "E" and "N". Also, the spacing between the "R" to "6" and "O" to "4" seems to be the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is part of my haul from soxfest. Got a few suprises and steals. Missed out on the Abreu bats though. I was first in line for the Avisail and Eaton signing but Avi was 20 min late and put me behind on the garage sale. Next year I am going there first. The jersey's are Erik Johnson 83' Adam Dunn Alternate, Chris Sale JR day jersey and I also picked up a Mark Buehrle which I haven't taken a picture yet. The Phegley bag was a life saver since I took the train and was able to fit all 18 bats and equipment I purchased. It was a steal at $30. Bats were all priced well this year so hopefully that's a trend that continues. I did get the Sale jersey for a great price due to the extra zero's at the end being close together so I ended up with a much cheaper deal then it was originally priced. Also the red cleats are Dunn's from the 2012 season when they wore the 72' style jerseys. I also bought a few more bats on Sunday not pictured but the Gillespie bat in the middle has to be my favorite, its uncracked and has the new style grip tape with tons of tar and ball marks. The one dunn bat was actually used by Avisail Garcia so I will work on the matches soon. I think everyone on the White Sox has used a Dunner bat during some point in the season. I even seen a Garcia bat that was used by Paulie up on ebay.

It may be mis labled but ap images shows June 20th as well as the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    I did get the Sale jersey for a great price due to the extra zero's at the end being close together so I ended up with a much cheaper deal then it was originally priced.
    Do you mean to say that you got it for 90% off? If so, did you point out to them that the price was 10x what they told you?

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Do you mean to say that you got it for 90% off? If so, did you point out to them that the price was 10x what they told you?
    Over the last couple years they have been $100. I paid that for my 12' and my 13' Chris Sale JR Jerseys. Honestly to me it looked to be a grand but the numbers ran together to I took it up front for them to double check. There were two ladies sitting up there and both of them looked at it and charged me $100. I had also bought 5 13' JR jerseys the year before all for $100 a piece. The ones this year were priced between $100-$200 at least what I saw was left. I did see the Eaton hit Ebay already so not sure what it was priced.

Here are the 2 Flowers bats. When I got them signed on Sunday he said he needed to work on not breaking so many bats because mine were about the 100th he had signed over the weekend.

Here are the two Connor Gillespie bats I picked up. The one is hammered with tar, ballmarks and is uncracked. This is the most tar I own on a bat by far.

Avisail Garcia bat from the series in Colorado. This is my second Avi bat that is split down the middle.