Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

They had 2 jerseys from Abreu and one was a bust. They were 2K. It was a size 42 store authentic! I let them know about it and they took it out. It was authenticated as team issued. The other was the JR jersey. There was a guy holding on to it not sure if he ended up buying. I talked to him about it and he was on the fence. He also was holding on to the Thome for $1250. I found a bargain, a Buehrle for $300. I also picked up 6 Dunn bats one I believe might be an Abreu. I also picked up Dunn's 14' JR jersey. He hit a pinch hit 3 run HR. I went back in and was going to buy a Phegly bat I discovered was his 4 th career hr bat for $50 but didn't feel like waiting an hour. The guys selling the bats told me that Abreu took most his bats with him and they would have a few at Soxfest. They also let me know that eaton doesn't break many bats so there will only be a few of those along with Avisail who has a deal to sell his gear. They had a large rack of $10 jerseys most spring training and bp.

I picked up just a few things. I collect cleats and bat and found the selection to be pretty thin....

I grabbed an Adam Eaton Phoenix bat. MLB authenticated, broken against Core Kluber on April 13th, 2014.

Also picked up a pair of Conor Gillaspie UA cleats, and Alex Rios Nike cleats, both of which I was able to style match.

Grabbed some autograph baseballs I didn't have in my collection. Matt Davidson and Andre Reinzo, both MLB authenticated, $5 each.

It's to late now but I believe the red cleats were Dunns. He wears same model and size.

Sounds like everyone got some neat things! Would have loved to pick up some $5 baseballs and $2 pics lol I always say I have to go one day and never do lol Next year hopefully

Went to the White Sox garage sale hoping to find some Dunn bats that Abreu used and came across one. He used Dunns bats for a good part of the season. It seemed it started after his DL stint.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Does anyone here know how/where I can buy a weekend pass to Soxfest without buying the hotel package? And I don't mean a Saturday or Sunday pass, because I just want to check the garage sale on Friday.

Since I'm not looking for any high end item, the hotel package cost would make any purchase I make at the garage sale likely be more than double the price I might pay for the item(s). In fact the last few garage sales I attended, there was hardly anything from Rienzo to buy. Maybe since he was traded, will they put out for sale whatever they have left?

Only way is the hotel package. Best bet is to find someone going and pay the extra for it. I am ordering mine this week.

I can get a pass but it will be 100. I already have 2 and the hotel charges $20 extra per night if I get the 3rd pass because they charge me like you are staying in the room as well. Same goes for a 4th because they charge the same rate per night.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    I can get a pass but it will be 100. I already have 2 and the hotel charges $20 extra per night if I get the 3rd pass because they charge me like you are staying in the room as well. Same goes for a 4th because they charge the same rate per night.
    Hef35, I am very interested in purchasing the weekend pass. I'm the guy that let you know about the Sale, Abreu, etc. signings. Please email me at twarman17@yahoo.com.

I was going to purchase a Sat/Sun pass but strongly prefer the weekend pass if you have an extra available.

Thanks!
    Tom

Here is a quick pick of the Dunn bats I picked up at the garage sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images