Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by aallanson View Post
    Why is it that the Chicago-themed sports team threads always deteriorate into name calling? This thread and the Chicago Bears thread have historically been so fun to look through, as long as you skip over the superfluous nonsense. We get it. You think he's a scumbag. Move on already. Or maybe post some of your collection, or are you really just here to mudsling?
    Perhaps it is indeed a Chicago thing. Not here to mudsling, but I don't condone stealing from Charity auctions or sales. That, to me, is the lowest of the low things to do, and this guy did it deliberately and knowingly, came here to brag about it, and now I just happened to see the jersey for sale on Ebay for 12x what he paid for it. If he's donating the proceeds minus is original gift back to Sox charities, then I commend him. If the money goes to anything else, it's outright theft. It is already theft. I don't mind someone getting a good deal at a thrift store or on Ebay. This dude took a jersey with a price tag on it that had THREE zeros and told the lady at the counter that it "looked like two zeros to him". Then bragged here about it. The Sox charities do a lot of good work. That's just a scummy thing to do, but I see a lot fof scummy stuff here. This might take the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesox View Post
    I really hope your stolen merchandise can be sold to help you finance the purchase of something else!

Unreal.
    Considering I paid for it it's not stolen. You wanna keep bashing me fine I can deal with it. I won't let you chase me off like so many of you have with other people because frankly I can care less. I don't have to justify why I sell any of my collection. Some of us don't have deep pockets so when life happens you sell. When someone like myself wants to add I have to subtract. I find a lot of this hillarious because I seem to be one of the only ones still posting my collection since so many people have left this site because of attacks like yours.

Thanks for the positive comments about the Bo jersey. It's just about the perfect Sox jersey of his for me. I prefer to have the road one since it has his name on it. The home jerseys back then only had the number. He didn't play in 1992 so the only other year he wore a Sox jersey was in 1993 -- which was a fun year for the team, but can be a tough one for collectors since there's quite a bit of variety when it comes to jersey tagging. Short of a photo match, it can be hard to feel comfortable that a given jersey was indeed worn because of the multiple styles of tagging.

Now I'm on the lookout for jerseys of Carlton Fisk, Bill Melton and Dick Allen. I'm guessing a Fisk one might be obtainable for me someday, but the Melton and Allen ones are going to be really hard to find, especially without breaking the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    Thanks for the positive comments about the Bo jersey. It's just about the perfect Sox jersey of his for me. I prefer to have the road one since it has his name on it. The home jerseys back then only had the number. He didn't play in 1992 so the only other year he wore a Sox jersey was in 1993 -- which was a fun year for the team, but can be a tough one for collectors since there's quite a bit of variety when it comes to jersey tagging. Short of a photo match, it can be hard to feel comfortable that a given jersey was indeed worn because of the multiple styles of tagging.

Now I'm on the lookout for jerseys of Carlton Fisk, Bill Melton and Dick Allen. I'm guessing a Fisk one might be obtainable for me someday, but the Melton and Allen ones are going to be really hard to find, especially without breaking the bank.
    I thought there was a powder blue floating around somewhere? I thought it was on eBay but I'm not sure if it was the real deal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Considering I paid for it it's not stolen. You wanna keep bashing me fine I can deal with it. I won't let you chase me off like so many of you have with other people because frankly I can care less. I don't have to justify why I sell any of my collection. Some of us don't have deep pockets so when life happens you sell. When someone like myself wants to add I have to subtract. I find a lot of this hillarious because I seem to be one of the only ones still posting my collection since so many people have left this site because of attacks like yours.
    Nobody else on the site has blatantly stolen items and then come here to brag about it and then tried to re-sell the items for over the original amount that was on the tag in which they took to the counter to suggest to White Sox Charities was an incorrect amount.

Think about that for a moment.

You went to the counter and told the lady that the extra zero was incorrect and the jersey must be $100 instead of $1000. You stole $900 from White Sox Charities, and now you're selling the jersey for over $1200.

Hey, perhaps you have an extra zero on that Ebay listing. Didn't you mean to sell it for $120? or $12?

Not sure how you sleep at night, but nice try blaming me because "people have left the site." I hardly post here and have nothing to do with anything that's happened in the past, but that certainly has nothing to do with you stealing from the White Sox.

Southsidesox, please stop posting in this thread. If you feel the need to continue on with your personal campaign please search out another thread, or better yet, another forum where vendetta attacks are welcome. You are providing no worth to the topic at hand and are likely scaring away members interested in discussing White Sox memorabilia. It may mean little to you but I have had numerous conversations and dealings with helf35 away from this board and have found him to be nothing but honerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Gris View Post
    Southsidesox, please stop posting in this thread. If you feel the need to continue on with your personal campaign please search out another thread, or better yet, another forum where vendetta attacks are welcome. You are providing no worth to the topic at hand and are likely scaring away members interested in discussing White Sox memorabilia. It may mean little to you but I have had numerous conversations and dealings with helf35 away from this board and have found him to be nothing but honerable.
    That doesn't address the stealing at Soxfest, and please don't publicly try to paint him as the martyr. I've had no less than six private messages from other board members since Saturday congratulating me on calling this guy out. So, now it's a question of how far we want to take this as a group. Don't think for one second that other people think his behavior is acceptable.

That doesn't address the stealing at Soxfest, and please don't publicly try to paint him as the martyr. I've had no less than six private messages from other board members since Saturday congratulating me on calling this guy out. So, now it's a question of how far we want to take this as a group. Don't think for one second that other people think his behavior is acceptable.

There you go again using the word stealing. Once again I paid for it not tucked it into my pants and walked out with it. I also like how when you tell the story you make it sound like I shook her down and held her at knife point. There was no arguing or bickering on price. You have received a few emails and pats on the back. Well done. I have also received emails on how you need to lose the butt hurt and move on. Just so you know the jersey just sold this morning and it was also to a fellow forum member so I guess I should thank you for keeping the thread alive.

I think it's perfectly acceptable what helf did. He asked a question, got an answer, and paid for his items. If the lady had said it was a grand I can only assume helf would have said ok thanks and walked and put the jersey back. I have had a very similar experience at Twinsfest this past year where I was not sure of the color of the sticker on a jersey I really wanted and it was a price difference of $100. I thought it was the more expensive on based on the player but i asked the lady working the checkout and she said it was the cheaper one, so i paid for it and went on my way. Guess that makes me a thief just as much as it does helf huh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Gris View Post
    I have had numerous conversations and dealings with helf35 away from this board and have found him to be nothing but honerable.
    I concur that helf35 has been very helpful to me as well, in fact going out of his way to get me into Soxfest this year, which I greatly appreciated. I know he's a huge Sox fan and has given tons of cash to the charity though his purchases over the years.